Nics JZS131 Crown

NicT

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah man I lurked on that thread and reread it again. Looked good on those 14x7s. How low was it?

Not very, current one is a good inch lower then the old one was. Could all go with being a bit lower.

Hmm so like +100mm or less? Either way it looked sweet. A friend also has some 14x7 around 0 offset that I am quite tempted to try on tbh, but I dunno if they will be big enough/Crowns have massive guards... Apparently the springs I got with mine were plenty low so I dunno what's gonna happen really lol. Also, you mentioned about removing the chassis to cab bushes to drop the car. I too had that idea when I was peeking underneath mine, but I can't seem to see anything that might foul it/might no be looking in the right place? Suppose I really should replace the broken bits first though haha.

Also, you mentioned about removing the chassis to cab bushes to drop the car. I too had that idea when I was peeking underneath mine, but I can't seem to see anything that might foul it/might no be looking in the right place? Suppose I really should replace the broken bits first though haha.

Yea the suck thing about crowns is their chassis sticks out so far under the body that it scraps well before it looks low. I can see a few issues with fuel lines being crushed and other what not if i take out those frame bushes.

1116264_10151774162940837_1595777408_o.j

Cause im a sucker for punishment. Cheers to Japawagon for the crown Engine mounts, mid sump, relocated oil filter housing. Also thanks to NVMPAJ for the inspiration to do this:

48195_10151748412095837_2138546771_o.jpg

1047891_10151748412360837_872539008_o.jp

1146189_10151774162955837_182370301_o.jp

So now i find out if jzs13x and uzs13x chassis are the same, cause i know for a fact gs13x and uzs13x chassis have the engine mounts in different places....

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

What's it missing , if the loom is there you should be able to work out what ECU you need if that one of the missing parts. Being a mid sump I would guess that its an early motor . If you are missing too many bits it might be worth just getting another motor and using you mid-sump bits to make it fit if needed.

• 3 months later...

Pictureless update:

Looks like im keeping this as no one wants to buy it, so i started working on the gearbox crossmember last night and started hole sawing the chassis rails this morning for bolt holes.

Took a general overview to do:

Gearbox Xmember

Radiator Support bracket

Manifolds finished

Zorst

Wiring

Fuel

Lengthen Driveshaft

Auto gearbox linkage extended

Single Wheel Peelers? Sell? Long term storage?

• Like 1