Shaz's bogan 1980 VB Commodore of beige.

Shaz

Discussion: viewtopic.php?f=18&t=32174&hilit=shaz+vb+308

I’ve had Severin, this 1980 VB, for nearly two years but I never bothered making a thread until now. I guess there was nothing of note happening to it apart from general maintenance and keeping it WOF legal.

I’d been mourning the absence of my former VC Commodore for ages and was searching for a suitable replacement. I found this one on Trade Me languishing in Hamilton and got the lovely Mikuni to have a quick look for me. It hadn’t had a WOF for some time and the reg. was on hold.

$600 later I was heading up there with KK, Campylobacter, Goat and a gargantuan trailer.

40798146100413932816601.jpg

When we got it back to Wellington I was pretty overjoyed to discover that it needed sweet fuck all for a WOF (just brakes and a ball joint) and I was driving it to Palmy Swap meet just days later.

dsc00745lw.jpg

dsc00746x.jpg

dsc02982dk.jpg

1002745o.jpg

So as you can see, the paint is pretty laughable. Someone’s done a horrific job on the front end and there are runs all down the guards. I’m fairly certain the bonnet was done with a broom.

He’s delightfully haggard looking and to be honest, doing anything about that isn’t anywhere near my list of priorities right now. I've been running around with it in roughly the same state since then, having only replaced all the missing bits of plastic trim.

What’s most important right now is that it's not keeping that 202 forever.

Yes I finally have my hands on a 308, so I’m grinning like a spaz. More news to follow as it happens.

20120225165336.jpg

Someone began stripping her motor and she did it all herself - I got some pics so adding here for her.

p2290309.jpg

Wearing sensible footwear errryday

p2290310e.jpg

Such teeeny tiny hands

p2290316.jpg

Handfull of nuts

p2290317.jpg

So grubby - even got the BACK of her hands dirty

p2290318.jpg

Found the cause of the knock.....

p2290313.jpg

p2290312.jpg

p2290320.jpg

p2290322.jpg

PAZOW!!

• 5 months later...

Fake update: I have been lazy and poor, so nothing has happened in the last 6 months apart from staying WOF legal.

At least we moved 308 out of storage today where it has been languishing since I stripped it back in March. Now that it's sitting at work, I'll see it every day and it will torment me until I do something.

Here's to taking some real action after I have recovered financially from Bathurst!

20120828152456.th.jpg

• 4 months later...

Severin is running again! He's been out of action since last Thursday after stripping the cam gear and I've been wearing a big sad face because there are way too many modern Mitsubishis parked outside my house.

20130108110758.jpg

Shiny and unbroken! Much love to Father Shaz for getting me going again in between jobs.

I know this should have been the kick up the ass I needed to get the 308 conversion underway but I'm nowhere near ready and it was going to be grossly inconvenient not having the 202 running in the meantime.