Turbo a XR6 BA engine??

DiRtYnIgMa

hello i hope this is in the right section. i bought a 1997 EF2 xr6 today and its fitted with a BA xr6 twin cam vct engine. I need to know how i go about turboing with the factory internals. have heard that it can be done easily using a aftermarket ecu. will the stock internals handle 10psi? with intercooler etc? any info will help

the stock internals should handle it sweet..

if not then it would work out cheaper to pick up a factory xr6t block..good for 400hp

first thing to do on and falcon is check for any signs of overheating..cos these heads get real soft once theyv been cooked once.

other than that theyr a f-ing good motor. although ive never played with the vct motor itself..

i did stumble across a forum about turbo falcons and lots of guys were running stock motors/ecus with big turbos on them..

cheers for that. the motor in it has done 80000kms seems to be tidy. how do you know if those ones have been over heated? the engine came from avon city car had been crashed. needs some work to get it going but i want to turbo it. i guy once told me falcon 6s didnt need anything done to turbo them i thought id research some more

Intrested in this...been thinking about FI on my BA coon for a while. Back when i had an ef i wanted to put a ba motor in it but the k frame needs to be modified in order to fit the motor in...and it got written off...might pay to check this has been done with yours and a good job has been done if its not cert'd yet. I'll try find some pics for you

I think the stock ecu can run turbo just needs to be reflashed for a turbo tune

unsure od what changes are needed to injectors though. There are loads of off the shelf turbo and super charging kits for these in oz.

Make sure whatever ecu you get cam run the dual vct

I was/still am on fordmods...theres a load of good info there just werent many playing with them at the time.

Reflash is done by buying a reflasher or paying to use one. Cappa does one. Then you need to acquire a base tune to load up...and get it tuned. I am reasonably sure that all the ba's have the same ecu just different tunes.

Il do some research i think the BA motors are strong as F#*K i think 10psi would be good boost for it. its a tidy car its in. shit loads of wiring on it. might run a g4 link and set it up. the trans will most likely toast its self. the best way is to just turbo it and see what it goes like i guess. i had a 1997 EF2 fairmont ghia 5L V8 it was a awsome car had heaps of grunt. i like the shape of the EF EL