2jz Manual Conversions

Seedy Al

Hey guys,

So i have a 2jz here in my shed, and I'm wanting to go manual.

I'm not talking turbo or anything, so whats the cheapest way to manualise this whore.

I assume adpater plate, which is easy enough to buy, what is there a flywheel off another motor like a 3sgte or something that I can use?

And if so, what clutch etc would you suggest?

Cheers guys, looking into this for next years first car project.

Make all your own shit, otherwise it's fucking expensive. Use the cheaper W series box rather than R series

Maybe cut and shut an auto bellhousing if you can weld ally or know someone that can do it cheap. I did a fair bit of research when doing my conversion and didn't come across anyone re-drilling flywheels from another series.

If you can find a 5 speed jza80 being wrecked, you could probably get the whole lot cheaper I'd imagine. (easiest option, but might take ages to find one)

I did mine the expensive way due to the car being my daily/impatientness

650ish for new bellhousing

550ish for new exedy sport clutch kit

400ish for new CNC flywheel

W55 for 400ish

You could do it for under half of that if you have plenty of time to find cheap bits and can make stuff yourself. JZ shit ain't cheap :(

Maybe of interest?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/car-par ... 767296.htm

I put a G52 box (w series bolt pattern) behind my 2JZ Got a new bellhousing from toyota, aftermarket flywheel $300 ish and clutch kit from repco $250 ish. Still cost a good part of $1000 also bought a set of manual flywheel bolts from nzperformance for a 4AGE