Damien's 1985 mitsi sigma wagon

rb drifter

got this sweet old thing off a dude south of auckland on the weekend,
its got a wof and rego which is choice.

plan is just slam, rims, roof racks, towbar, and anything else thatl make it phat
probly wont get much done to it until after new years

already has a drivers door monsoon which is staying....
mudflaps are definately staying

shit107.jpg
shit110.jpg

after lowering springs in rear and sportsmax rims, rubs a bit so will roll lip up on inside of gaurd.
shit125.jpg

absolutely love this....
shit120.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

so i got this....

sam2522s.jpg

got my slave

sam2537e.jpg

and took these out of it

sam2540i.jpg

alot beter compared to standard sigma brakes.

also starion shocks are shorter by 25mm at least, springs also are smaller.

sam2544i.jpg

installed starion crap into wagon then it looked like this

sam2549t.jpg

sam2548l.jpg

may not look alot lower but it definately is. sill sits alot more even now. back is a bit low, real bumpy on whangarei roads. mite find different springs that lift it about 10-15mm. mite also try the dobis in the front see if it goes a tad lower.

also a new steering device and gear changing thingy

sam2546.jpg

work equips

sam2581.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

took for wof today failed on rear trail arm bushes and d/shaft hanger bearing (was barely existing was sooo fucked haha)

was no meantion on missing rear bump stops which was sweet

put the driveshaft out of my se sigma in and ordered new bushes from parts master, cheers to dean for the discount on them.

shuld be legit by saturday hopefully

work equips in last photo are up for deals, pm me if interested.

• 2 weeks later...

got sum 18s for my silvia but thought ild see what they look like on the wagon, i think theyre allrite but perfer heart wheels anyday

hititlittlejohny112copy.jpg

dude who had my heart wheels has had them for over a month and hasnt even started welding old holes soo they can get re-drilled so i have taken them to another guy to do the work and should be welded and sand blasted within two weeks hopefully.

for paint colours i have been sugested purple centre with silver lip which i think would actually look soo sweet, any other ideas?

• 2 weeks later...

update!

the good:

got heart wheels back on weekend all welded up. costed me a box of bourbon and box of steinlarger

the bad:

dude who was going to redrill them to 4x114.3 is off work for 5 weeks on acc so will have to wait or try find someone else to drill them.

oh and took it back for wof recheck and passed with flying colours!

• 1 month later...

got heart wheels back from getting redrilled, bit of issue for the fronts though, 14x8 with negative offset, thinking about getting centres cut out and re welded to change offset. although these do fit mint on my sigma sedan as it runs s13 silvia front suspension.

sam0415x.jpg

sam0416b.jpg

back fit mint just have to run stretch tires. didnt really think a 14x10 would fit to be honest

sam0413e.jpg

sam0414w.jpg

also scored me a one piece driveshaft finally so no more kronic vibrations!!!! fucking gay 2 piece shit.

sam0422p.jpg

in other shit news, some lowlife douchebag stole my stereo, stereo suround trim and garage door opener. so if i find the theifing prick........

sam0419g.jpg

anyone got a wagon centre consol for deals by anychance? sedan ones and starion ones dont fit. ive already tried.

• 4 weeks later...

discovered it leaks oil and maybe fuel too, will add to the "to do" list along with everything else.

in good news i fixed the ride height even more. used starion front shocks/brakes etc, bmw e30 superlow kingsprings minus 1 coil for the front and 1/2 a bumpstop. for the rear it has ke70 dobi springs minus 1 coil. needs shorter rear shocks to make them captive

front crossmember is 85-90mm off the ground, needs to be lower i reckons

• 2 weeks later...

purchased new waterpump, cambelt, valve seals/headgasket set, fuel pump, fuel filter, oil filter as valve seals need doing and i have no idea when everything else was last done so may aswell do everything at once and get the motor mint! i will get new rings aswell after talking with MACKAZ it seems best to do them too while motor will be apart.

i want to acumulate all the parts i need before pulling motor apart as i use this for cruising on weekends.

pic just because.......

sam0507y.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

update time with details off what litle work i really do.....

so wheels are 14x8s front, 14x9.5 rear. got them off MACKAZ for a sweet price,

had the old 5 stud holes welded up and redrilled by Shane Eady to 4x114.3, they all came out mint.

fronts were a crazy negative offset so had Tony Henwood cut the centres out and shift them 35mm and reweld them.

then sandblasted, primered, and painted gloss white

took them to MACKAZ and he hooked me up with new tires for a really sweet price.

fronts are 185/55r14, rears are 185/60r14

rears still clean gaurds without rub which is sweet.....

cops still dont aprove of my car, was let off with another "warning"

lindenscamera028.jpg

im stoked with how it looks now, but its time to rebuild the motor as its starting to smoke really bad

if anyone has some extractors or twin carbs for deals i would be keen to give this more grunt

• 11 months later...

So I now have this.

Cruised up to grab it this morning from rbdrifter. Cheers for everything bro.

On the way back home.

976607_10152000924943677_246542839_o.jpg

Group shot

IMG_6177_zpsd9e50bae.jpg

IMG_6180_zpse2e3b0e6.jpg

Plans at the moment are to raid good bits for my wagon. Then I might try and get it back on the road.

Its a bit of piece of mind to have a spare car in case things go bad for my daily.

Chur

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Been mucking around with this car lately. Decided to get it back on the road.

Its pink sticker'd at the moment, for small stuff - Tinted park and tail lights, bald front tyre, no spare tyre.

rbdrifter sorted the tail lights out. I brought some better front park lights.

Had my original 2L SOHC still from my wagon so was a no brainer to slam that in this wagon.

When I got this wagon it had EX Lancer struts and other bits. Swapped everything for Sigma gear. 

Engine and box in

IMG_7105_zps9b113761.jpg

Had a little rust which actually turned out to be a lot of rust in the corner of the engine bay. Cut it all out and put metal in place.

Not pretty but functional

IMG_7106_zpsca01ffee.jpg

Still a few bits to do. Should hopefully have it road legal by next month maybe. Actually need to get this going as my wagon needs urgent attention.

Obligatory group shot

IMG_7107_zpsb51c07cb.jpg

• 2 months later...

Well it failed which I expected it to. 

• Exhaust leaks
  • L/F chassis rail damaged
  • R/R seat belt
  • Remedy handbrake

I knew about the chassis rail damage and hoped they wouldnt see/knock it. When I saw them looking at it thoroughly I thought 'shit'.

The guy talked to me about the damage and said the rail is separating and to close the gap and weld it. I asked if I could do it myself and he said sure. FUCKING STOKED! Was under the impression chassis damage needs to be done by a panel beater

So I will have this legal next weekend. Time to enjoy this weekend. 

• 2 weeks later...