4K-U EGR Removal

efp0wa

I purchased some extractors for my KP60 Starlet, totaly obvlivous to the EGR crap.

Just started labelling and removing everything to get the manifold off and then noticed the pipe from the exhaust manifold to the EGR valve.... :rolleyes:

Wouldn't mind removing all that EGR shit, has anyone done it before with sucess and able to run me through what to remove/reroute so motor will still run ok.

Or else will I need to get a fitting put on the extractors to hook the factory EGR pipe into?

Fuck emission shit fuck it....I was hoping to get the headers on tonight but will have to wait for you lot to advise me (sensibly)

Is the EGR valve mounted directly to the head? (Only K engines I've played with are pre-emissions) probably will have an extra port in the head for it, whack the plate between valve and head.

If it was mine and its not a EFI 4K I would probably remove all the solenoids etc and plug the vac lines at the carb/swap to an non emissions carb.