Not OS. C34 Laurel not starting but turns over

efp0wa

Hi All,

My old mans Laurel (C34 with RB20E) isn't starting.

I havn't checked for spark yet as didn't have my tools with me yesterday, Check all fuses and appear ok.

I can't quite recall if its possible to hear the fuel pumps in these laurels prime for a few seconds before startup, but I can't hear a thing so I was thinking it may be the pump or relay (if there is a fuel pump relay).

I will check for spark after work, but if its got spark where should I look after that?

hold fuel line while someone hits the key to on should prime for about 7 seconds without a signal from cam.

they wont start if the cam sensor decides to fall of/ shit itself.

that is easily checked by looking for spark .

and yes they should have fuel pump relay triggered by ecu .

did it 'just stop working' or was this after touching somthing?

....or carefully crack a fuel line connector open/pull a hose off, fuel will spray if it's under the pressure it's supposed to be, so wear safety glasses or just be uber-careful. Once it's cracked open, do a quick key on (not cranking, just ign on) test to see whether fuel is being supplied during the prime. If it's not, or if the fuel pump isn't running at all, then there's your problem.

Check the fuses again, relays, etc. If nothing obvious, test the fuel pump out of the vehicle or with direct 12V of power, make sure to pull the loom off the pump if you test in place so you don't run 12v to places it shouldn't go.

• 3 weeks later...

Purchased a replacement dizzy from a wreckers as thought the CAS might be stuffed, bloody dizzy had a rounder plug on it and not square. I don't know if they will refund it or not....spose I can only try

I've learnt:

Nissan-Mitsubshi RB dizzy has a rectangular plug

Nissan-Hitachi RB dizzy has a rounded corner rectangular plug.

Anyway I decided I'd give a bunch of plugs a squirt with contact cleaner, waited 30mins or so and plugged them back in.

I turned the key and the fuel pump primed! Had #1 Sparkplug out and it was sparking! I think I need to remove all spark plugs and let any possible flooding of the fuel vap away.

I also need to re align the dizzy as I think its a tooth off. But good news it I think its going to start!