twin weber 32/36 + jetting

BlownCorona

So a while ago i put a weber 32/36 onto my car and i love it, it has such a great noise and the power increase was awesome for such an easy(ish) upgrade.

though i know i wont be 100% happy untill i have twin carbs, and before people get started, i know twin sidedraughts are the best. but its also the most expensive and how everyone does it.

im really keen to setup a twin Weber 32/36 system. make my own manifold etc.. and not spend a HUGE amount of money, for what will be imo a pretty sweet unique setup.

my main question is, how would i jet a twin setup compared to a single setup?

I think you would set it up using trial and error, although the people who sell jets can probably give you a fairly good idea if you tell them the setup. Once its running, the way to tell if its got the correct amount of fuel would be to get it tuned by a pro with the right equipment

dgas is the 38mm version yeah?

the whole reason the dgav has me sold is that ive already got one, with the tuning sorted pretty damn tight, thanks to numerous osgc'

this concept has been relevant to my interests for so long, and even if i had a $700 side draught setup, id still want to try the twin down draughts.

ive found a guy whose setup twin 32/36 on a datsun l20, whats the jetting likely to be between 4cyl and 6cyl? any difference at all? he may have done all the hard work for me :P

now for a question i think i know the answer to. can you weld cast manifold material with a mig welder? im pretty sure ill have to get some parts made up and weld the rest from scratch.

EDITEDITEDIT: you can get inline4 L20 engine :shock:

264lu6r.jpg

264lu6r.jpg

2v8hnaq.jpg

DGAS is the synchronous opening one as i plan on using one choke for each cylinder.

Ive heard you 'can' weld cast alloy with a mig if your a mad cunt, but tig seems to be a lot better/common. I currently have a pile of 32/36 crabs in my shed but would prefer to get a pair of DGAS models if im going to go to the expense of making new manifolds.

would you been keen to part with a 32/36 :P i still need another, and itl need to be an Italian one or else i forsee impossible tuning issue if i mix Italian and Spanish.

i quite like the progressive carb style, and the transition between primary's and secondary's is fun

hmmm, ill do some research then, may have this project underway sooner than i thought :D.

this guy from the states has gotten his truck running pretty sweet, how close would the datsun l20b be to the toyota 18r

is there enough difference or would his jet settings be pretty much exactly what i need. hes got a bigger cam, but i want to do the same to mine too..

http://community.ratsun.net/topic/3355- ... s__st__200

I slammed my weber onto my 2.2L EJ22 from a 2L pinto and just changed the jets up a size. Worked mint. In fact i went too rich and now need to dial it back a smidge.

Moral of the story is - just guess. With those jet specs from states guy, it should be close enough to run then you can worry about the rest later.

yeah i slammed a pinto weber onto my 18r and the jets were pretty much right, the idle jet was way out, but i get the impression someone had put something weird in there in the first place. but damn did it open that engine up. sounds so sweet on the secondary's too,

once my car is back from the panel beaters and the insurance company stop tripping over their own shadows, i can seriously get onto this. will possibly just rebuild the other weber ive got, but i have the feeling it was missing something :/