TT140 efi conversion

Walker.NZ

Hey guys im about 80% through converting my tt140 corona to a 2tgeu engine.

im up to the fuel system now and im wondering what would be the best way to run a new feed in to the tank? im planning on using the standard feed as the return. i also was wondering what people normally use to make a new feed/return line from the fuel rail to tank?

Cheers

does anyone know if 6mm lines will be sufficient for a 2tgeu engine?

Yes.

Not trying to be a cunt or anything but may I ask why you are bothering?

All it would take is engine and box mounts, rad, driveshaft and cert to have a 1jz and shit me sideways (for cheap) that would be 50times the car of a 2tgeu or what ever it was. Even in Auto.

Soz if it's a bit harsh but been there done that and would like to not do that for nothing hence help others by suggestion - and knowing T140's etc.

Spending a grand more can result in a car worth 3 more and or a million times better motoring.

else(ignoreme)

{

}

You wouldnt be the first person to ask me that question haha, it's because i had a complete 2tgeu and t50 conversion sitting in my garage that owes me 0$ and it is a straight bolt in conversion. planning on putting a jz or uz in it once i have all the suspension, brakes etc sorted.

Cheers for that, hopefully ill be able to track down another factory solid line tommorow

You wouldnt be the first person to ask me that question haha, it's because i had a complete 2tgeu and t50 conversion sitting in my garage that owes me 0$ and it is a straight bolt in conversion. planning on putting a jz or uz in it once i have all the suspension, brakes etc sorted.

Cheers for that, hopefully ill be able to track down another factory solid line tommorow

Ok yeah that makes sense, something I would do.

So just run another fuel line from tank to motor.

Also, do this... While you are there. Take the tank out (drain it and connect it to your exhaust for 10 mins to remove petrol gas). Cut out a circle about 100mm dia under the pump. Make a good baffle and weld it back in.

Will save surge tanks and all that shit and just insert a bigger pump for when you go to jz.

Yeah man i have actually got the tank out of the car already to sort out the extra line i need for the return. i wouldnt be keen to mess around with welding petrol tanks though and i have the surge tank setup already so ill just go with that for now, perhaps i'll try and track down a tank from an efi model later on.

Do you reckon i would be able to run the return line into the standard breather hose and use the tank without a breather?

im keen to do it that way to save some effort getting the return line braised into the plate that houses the standard feed line.

cheers

I have done this a couple times on similar cars, take the original fuel line completely off and bend up a steel line to suit. You can bend 8mm by hand fairly easily or get a small pipe bending tool to make it look abit tidier, don't go running rubber hose the whole length of the car its a bad idea and more expensive.

Also as Simon said modding the tank is allot tidier than a surge tank setup. Regarding the breather, last one I did I removed the pickup tube, drilled the hole out slightly and fitted a larger/better pickup from late model EFI car (with a in tank pump), left the breather and drilled another hole in the plate for a return, its pretty simple to do. The lid is quite small but you should be able to fit it all in