Drags 23rd July, Ruapuna

Josh

Next Race Date:Saturday 23 July 2011

1st of 2 Winter Series meetings.

All meetings accept any car or bike

The Winter Series is a great time for tuning and for anyone who just wants to have a go. All newcomers are welcomed no matter what you drive or ride.

Street cars just need Rego and WOF and a radiator overflow bottle, drivers need an approved crash helmet and long sleeve shirt and long pants.

I'm hanging to take the RX7 out there, anyone else going to go out for a fang down the strip?

You'll need to get your car tech inspected. PM me, and I can give you the number of a guy who does Tech inspections. He's a real GC too. You'd want to get in quick though, as you'll need to send away to the NZDRA to get your log book before the meeting. You used to be able to pay extra at the track and get your logbook on the day. But the PBDRC have dumped the NZDRA as their sanctioning body. So the area steward probably wont be there to do that. (He works at my work, I'll ask him this week)

Not to worry though. for this coming drag season, PBDRC will still allow cars with NZDA tech to race without wof and reg. My car was teched last season, and it's a big saving over paying through the nose to keep a car road legal. Especially if you hardly drive it on the road like me.

• 2 weeks later...
sounds like a bonus meet

edit: will not race the anglia, there is a 400m long bit of road by my house, it strugles to get to 80km/h on it

If you like I will push you in my Torry.... I did this once to a mate in a 1300 Cortina one night when I was a youngun, and got him up to 95mph :P

The Torry won't be there as I have the gearbox out as it was a loaner close ratio. I am putting my old $80 one back in thats served me for 6 years of racing/thrashing.

I just got the following info from the acting president of pegasus bay drags

Gates are open at 12 noon racing starts 1p.m. onwards, race finish time is light dependant, somewhere around 4.45p.m, plenty of time to collect a dozen speeding tickets.

Entry

$10.00 per person entering the venue

Racing

$45.00 to race for the day, if you remember to present your entry ticket in to the entry booth we will refund $10.00 off your race price, a bonus for the driver. You will agree that this is a substantial price drop compared to previous events.

So it's too cheap not to race.

Get your sorry arses there.

Twas a great day out. Anticipating it being rained off, I didn't bother to remove my lowering blocks to allow the fitemnt of my sticky tyres. I really wish I had. Traction was a big issue. (Isn't it always! lol)

The 185/50/15's I had on the rear were up to fuck all. Despite having some stella reaction times, I lost heaps of races I woulda otherwise won.

The DOT rated drag tyres will be coming out next time for sure!