brakes and suspension

LingLing

Hello again guys.

Starting a new topic for the e21 ask about my brakes and suspension.

Ok, Brakes, The Brakes is not very responsive,not that is that bad, but I can feel it is not as good as many cars I have, or had before, and feels like the brake pads shoes etc is on the way out.

My mate(mechanic) helped me to check/bleed the brakes. We found all pads/shoes are just good as new.

BUT, LEFT rear Drum brake DOESN't have both foot brake and Hand brake. slave cyliner Couldn't bleed, I we can't see any liquid come out. We tried to bleed the line directly, yeh the line was ok. So DO I need to replace the Slave cylinder on the drum brake? It doesn't leak or anything.

Suspension, My mate told me my suspension is perfectly fine, no leaks, and he try the push the car down, it went to completely stop as normal.

But I still feel the suspension is very soft compare to other bmws. It could very likely to be the shxt broken old drive seat tho......

any suggestions??

Got a e30 325i lying around as a wreck, saw the rear brakes were disc. so I thought I could use them if they could fit. I belive it is probably going to be more time consuming to change just the cylinder than replacing the entire rear brake system.

changing the cylinder should fix your brakes no doubt, and is the easiest option by far, i wouldnt worry about going to discs on the rear as you will encounter other problems like proper proportioning, master cylinder sizing etc etc

wheel off , drum off , clamp rear rubber brake line, undo wheel cylinder, throw in bin, fit new cylinder, fit drum, unclamp brake line, bleed brake/s, fit wheel, drive, stop, smile