Bosch 910 Fuel pump/any fuel pump return

Gaz

Question on the fuel pump im about to put in tomorrow.

As you can see in the below pic the outlet is a funny fitting which looks to have a little valve in it. I am assuming that this is how the fuel pump knows when to stop pumping at full go? If so my question is answered and all I need to do is go find a fitting to go onto this and clamp my 10mm hose up to.

Can I use the old na fuel line as the return or should I also run 10mm return line? Engine is x20xev.

Cheers

Fuel pump = this.

autopartfuelpumpboschpi.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Ok will go find a fitting to go on it tomorrow then. Return line is standard Chevette so will be small 6mm.

So does the pump ever slow down once car is running or is there always enough fuel running in a circuit to feed the engine at whatever revs.. i.e does pump run all the time? If so then surely 6mm is too small?

FYI running standard ECU

Gaz

pump runs full speed all the time. 6mm return should be fine with that pump. if you wanted to, could check the fuel pressure. will tell you if the return is too small. (pressures too high) return is pretty much allways smaller than the feed