rb drifter's 1983 sigma se

rb drifter

Project thread > viewtopic.php?f=17&t=26284

let me know what you think of it, it wont be built in any rush at all as im real poor.....

have already encountered a bit of a problem. the manual box from my other sigma doesnt fit onto the sohc turbo block as it is a wideblock and has bigger flywheel. so need a bit of knowledge, will a 2.6 astron box fit onto the turbo motor? otherwise what are my options?

• 6 months later...

chuur bro, yea its not too bad aye best sigma ive had so far just has a litle rust in the doors to sort out and thats about it. will have to get better pics one day current ones are off my ipod and arent that great.

sportsmaxx rims would look sick on a cortina.... i say do it.

• 2 weeks later...

Eww man i wouldn't bother with the starion loom and ecu. Very primitive setup and will limit amount of boost you can run and power you can get. also loom looks a mess. Get a manifold and dizzy out of one of those 89-90ish sohc injected galants and run a link with multipoint. will cost a little but end result will be allot better.

Just my 10 cents.

• 2 months later...

so i have been thinking about purchasing this...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used-ca ... 164787.htm

basically the dude reckons it got rust not sure how bad. but i prety much want to buy it and strip all the running gear; engine, loom, box, diff, front struts, brakes etc to put into the sigma so i can get it done. plus it has a street cam and front mont etc which is prety sweet.

and yes i do have a starion engine and box already in my sigma but my problem is finding all the other parts i need to complete the build. and the looms i have look prety messy.

this will then leave me with a spare motor and box. and after having a litle talk with fuel ive been thinking about rebuilding this motor but make it into a dohc using the starion block and vr4 parts. this will then give me a way better base to extract power from the motor and may one day end up in the wagon or back in the sedan.

so if anyone is interested in a starion shell or body parts i may have some for sale soon......

oh and feel free to abuse me for wanting to kill a starion....

• 3 weeks later...

thats a mint sigma my m8s old man had one looks exactly the same but his was a manual, i had a starion motor in mine before i went to a vr4 motor and wired it up myself it went nuts also had 2 starions previosly as for the boost theres a vacuum hose you can take off and lets you run over 10psi, one of them when i picked it up was on 17psi was nuts fuel system couldnt keep up tho, what are the seats out of the starion like could be keen on em

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...