Sand blasting

RUNAMUCK

hey who in CHCH do I talk to, to get my headers sandblasted cheap cheap? I really want to get them blasted so I can paint them good and then not have to worry about them again. The factory paint that coby put on them turned to shit the instant I started the motor. I sanded them back and did the hot paint thing, but since I had them header wrapped for a time, this has turned to shit also. So I really want to make them lush again, with the veiw to further corrosion protection.

I used to know a bloke who did sandblasting for me for a box of beers, but he doesn't answer my txts any more. So I'm looking for a similar type deal.

Anyone?

cant help with the sandblasting - but pretty much any paint you put on is going to have a limited life - especially if under header wrap. The only stuff that really lasts are the ceramic coatings, HPC, Procoat etc. in which case they take care of the blasting etc. but I think getting a set of headers coated is something like $600. so not cheap.

Well I bbit the bullet, and let my fingers do the walking. (Mainly cos I was too poor to buy gas to drive around asking at places) Lots of cunt's were shut for the break. Finished up going to elite powdercoaters and abraisive blasting in sydenham. The guy ended up charging me $10 less that he quoted too. Ten minutes later I had them hanging from a bit of wire and now they're curing in the sun. Came out bloody good too!

So tommorrow I'll fit the fuckers up, and they can get cured properly.