4g62t Ex lancer

Walker.NZ

Hey guys hit a bit of a wall with my lancer and i need a few questions anwsered before i can decide what to do with it next.

First of all i need to know if i will get away with running a td05hl turbo with a 38mm external wastegate and hi mount manifold on the standard ecu and single point injection. and if i will need to modify it in any way? i have a 300-350hp electronic fuel pump and rrfpr already

Is there any single point injection setup that will fit my engine and run on the standard ecu with my setup that has the water inlet on the front of the manifold so that i dont have to run a extended radiator hose?

I have a multipoint injection setup thats all ready to go on to the motor but im a bit broke to fork out for a megasquirt or link at the moment, but i would like to know how difficult it would be to wire in a tune one of these to suit my motor?

I have a sigma turbo 10 bolt disk brake diff and my handbrake cables dont fit, im wondering if theres any handbrake cables of other mitsi's that will fit straight in or require less modding then the lancer one?

And if you know of any threads from this forum or another where this conversion has been done if you could post them up that would be awesome.

72337775.jpg

Cheers

Sam

TD05HL? no such turbo exists. It's either a TD04HL or a TD05H (or TD05HR for reverse scroll). Either way should be fine for standard injection so long as you aren't boosting over 12-15psi.

Starion ECI inlet manifold will have the thermostat housing on the front, but your throttlebody entry is going to be over the rocker cover, so probably wouldn't be able to use most of the intercooler piping for MPI as you would ECI.

Awesome cheers for that, if i get a starion eci manifold etc can i use my current loom? or am i able to bolt the cordia turbo throttle body etc onto the starion manifold and use it like that?

and if i was to run it without an intercooler for a while how much boost would i be safe to run?

the MS2 kitset is USD$247 now!

you should not significantly increase the manifold pressure from factory, when using the factory ECU: it risks detonation. as a rule of thumb, more boost = less ignition advance. too much advance for cylinder conditions = engine knocking or worse.

a rising rate fuel pressure regulator with the standard ECU will probably just upset the tune. you can measure your AFR with a wideband oxygen sensor, an Innovate LC1 costs about USD$200 and is essential equipment for tuning.

Yeah my current computer and loom is the factory 4g62 cordia one with the loom modified to suit the ex.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing ... =332508603

Anyone able to confirm if that is a type 2 starion manifold? (looking at you fuel haha)

I was wondering if the fuel pressure regulator would cause that to happen, but the manifold setup i have at the moment has been cut down for it to fit, ill just get rid of it when i get a new manifold.. and ill probably just take it to a garage with a gas analyser to get the afr checked when i get it going

Not sure what type starion eci unit i have but if its the right one your welcome to buy it off me. Has been modded with an adaptor plate to face forwards.

dsc00921e.jpg

Also without an intercooler prob don't want to run more than 10psi. The starions are supposedly meant to have a boost cut around there anyway. but mine never cut in my ex. Ran 12psi for a little bit with no intercooler but don't think it was safe. Tried 15psi also but had bad engine marbles(detonation) so only did that once. Went alright on 10 anyway being so light compared to the starions. That was with a TC05 aswell.

Not sure what type starion eci unit i have but if its the right one your welcome to buy it off me. Has been modded with an adaptor plate to face forwards.

dsc00921e.jpg

Also without an intercooler prob don't want to run more than 10psi. The starions are supposedly meant to have a boost cut around there anyway. but mine never cut in my ex. Ran 12psi for a little bit with no intercooler but don't think it was safe. Tried 15psi also but had bad engine marbles(detonation) so only did that once. Went alright on 10 anyway being so light compared to the starions. That was with a TC05 aswell.

Cheers dude thats good to know, pity your setup wont work on my engine cause the way you have modified the position of the throttle body would cut down my intercooler piping length quite a bit.

that's type I, the injector sizes are different between the two and it's not a simple case of just swapping over ECUs.

Will the type II setup require a starion ecu to run it? and how hard are the type II units to find?

Sorry for all the questions haha

• 1 month later...