s13 ca18det gearbox model code

Hemi

as per title , im after the model of the gearbox that finds it home behind the ca18det in s13s .

mainly to compare it to my s12 gearbox in terms of tooth count and gear diameters etc

i have a fs5w71b

which break down into

f =floor mounted gearstick

s= overdrive in 5th

5= 5 forward gears

w= wide ratio

71=the distance between the main and countershaft

b= the way the gearstick is mounted into gearbox (in this case a crosspin)

s13 should be somthing like

fs5c85c

tried the internet but they always refer to it as s13 box

As far I know they are an FS5W71C, same as all the other Nissan rear drive boxes from around that period except for the FS5R30A.

gonna assume thats for the 300zx??

sweet if anyone can confirm that ill be happy , just means i wont bother fitting a s13 gearbox if the gearsets arnt that much larger .

unless of course they are wider

Yeap FS5R30A is 300ZX & RB25DET, the you get the FS5R90A which is a T5 Borg Warner box.

I'm running an FS5W71C out of an R32 GTS-t behind my L28, they are stronger (bigger/wider gears) and have dual syncros on some gears etc etc. They'll probably have a bigger counter shaft bearing than the box you have currently depending on what year it is.

Yeap FS5R30A is 300ZX & RB25DET, the you get the FS5R90A which is a T5 Borg Warner box.

I'm running an FS5W71C out of an R32 GTS-t behind my L28, they are stronger (bigger/wider gears) and have dual syncros on some gears etc etc. They'll probably have a bigger counter shaft bearing than the box you have currently depending on what year it is.

good point i completly forgot about the size of the bearings .maybe i will stop being lazy and just fit the s13 box then .