Mitsubishi Strut Compatibility

OSM Garage

Hi All

Anyone tried to jam EX Lancer struts into a Sigma before?

Is it as simple as changing the lower arms and top hats?

I vaguely remember doing the opposite (Sigma struts into EX Lancer) and had massive amounts of positive camber.

Do 1600 EX Lancers run the same callipers as Sigma?

Chur

Everything would just be reverse yea?

Sigma rotors should be able to bolt to EX stuff as they run the same "smaller" dia hub (i think), although there wouldnt be shit all advantage to changing them over.Could get some hearty camber tho which could be sweet!

• 1 month later...

Basically, it cant be done.

I didnt take any snaps of the car when it was on the ground but it was disastrous.

I swapped over the steering knuckles and top hats from sigma to lancer struts and then dropped it on the ground.

Problems are the wheels stick out the guards, lock to lock is reduced and i have a shit load of toe in.

In the hope of fitting Lancer steering box and idler arm to remedy this problem it only made things worse. With Lancer gear in the Sigma, it pushes the drag link up against the crossmember (Too long!)

Idler Arms

Idlerarms.jpg

Sigma

SigmaIdler.jpg

Lancer

LancerIdler.jpg

Steering Knuckles

SteeringKnuckles.jpg

Sigma 2 bolt

Sigma2bolt.jpg

Lancer 3 bolt

Lancer3bolt.jpg

Steering Boxes

Steeringboxes.jpg

Sigma box

Sigmabox.jpg

Lancer box

Lancerbox.jpg

Hopefully the information above will help out others. If anyone knows of anything that will work ill be happy to try it.

Chur

have heard that using a sigma crossmemeber when putting a 2l in a lancer mounts the motor a little bit further rearward than than using a 1600cc lancer crossmemeber, and when trying to mount a sigma swaybar in my car (all lancer stuff) the eye ends ended up being slightly rearward of where the link arms went up, which makes sence given your measurements

just put a 1600cc lancer engine crossmember in it :lol::lol:

^^i used a sigma cross ,member in my first EX when going 4g63.It mounts engine about 35mm rearward than using the 1600 crossmember and i had to run a sigma idler arm to get around the drag link hitting cross member.I also had a really shit steering lock as a result.When i fitted the sigma sway bar it mounted perfectly as a result of using the sigma crossmember i guess.Nice to have all those measurements right there to compare lancer and sigma!