If anyone was interested...

EFI_LC

I am pulling my engine down today and if anyone was interested in seeing a 12 second 202 n/a Holden engine pulled down then I'm not shy :P

It was overdue for new set of scrapers and shells and I needed to check to see if I have changed the shape of the conrods .

I am about to go get some parts to do the required work but should have the head and sump off within the hour.

Cheers

Graham

I would have been curious. But I was busy.

I hope you're going to fit ARP rodbolts for the next incarnation mate? The rod bolts that come out have probably been strecthed so fat by now that they could be mistaken for head bolts! :lol:

Mate we are talking about the good old Holden 6 mate ;)

Honestly these things if driven by decent drivers will take a damn hiding... 1979 Repco Trial Holden chose instead of the V8s the less powerful 202 based off the XU-1 engine and Peter Brock as the driver... apart from oil changes and regular servicing he won by a country mile.

The biggest problem with the 202 is holding the flywheel on but thanks to a simple way I have overcome this, they have mad harmonics at around 6000rpm and mine sort of revs a bit past this in every gear ;)

Get this... fastest 202(this one is 205ci) in the world (remember pushrod and non crossflow head)

Best ET & MPH: 7.708 @ 168 Willowbank Raceway June 2003

I hear ya really but I can't afford all the good stuff so the bottom end stays basically stock.