Dunlop Formula FM901

ryanfels

fm901's were my fave tyre back when i was track drifting heaps. but could no longer buy em new about 2005-ish

nice rim overhang too so looks sweet on jap rims. i only had 160hp so grip was good for the application

<---- thats them in avatar... i smoke dunlop haha. squeel like a pig in 1st gear.

http://www.toycrazy.net/mark/pics/ke70-053.jpg

Might buy some full slicks from palmside, the $100 ones that are EOL and happen to be the right size for my car :badgrin:

Sweet, which ones? The cheapies are a medium/hard compound I think, so are better for heavier cars or enduro stuff... They'll still be better than most semi's and are cheaper than most road tyres. Win-win.

Sweet, which ones? The cheapies are a medium/hard compound I think, so are better for heavier cars or enduro stuff... They'll still be better than most semi's and are cheaper than most road tyres. Win-win.

Yeh, the T8-hard compound FTZ slick in 19/58-15. They should hopefully last a full 5-lap stint around the track without melting!

but I need to make 100% sure first that I can use them at other tarmac based events in the future, e.g. autocross and/or hillclimbs, MANZ-approved events that sort of thing, and not just at the open trackdays.

Yeh, the T8-hard compound FTZ slick in 19/58-15. They should hopefully last a full 5-lap stint around the track without melting!

but I need to make 100% sure first that I can use them at other tarmac based events in the future, e.g. autocross and/or hillclimbs, MANZ-approved events that sort of thing, and not just at the open trackdays.

The answer (For hillclimbs) is No. Not at this stage. I don't see a reason for them to be not allowed at a sealed autocross, but the regs of such an event might rule them out.

• 3 weeks later...

ah ok. Thing is, they may have been driven on recently, but how old is the tread itself? that'd be the deciding factor for me imo.

I have some FM901s on the track car that are six years old and I drive on them every so often to get to and from events. The last time I used them on the track (after I ruined my semi slicks) they were absolute crap - first corner and I pretty much understeered off the track, then a few more corners later I spun out completely and cooked the turbo.

spose you could just doit and find out...