hunteds fa50 of joy

Beaver

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ jsut don't expect any lights to last if you run it sans battery.

yuh it'll need ignition on. pull the switch out and see how many wires there are. you may be able to work out what does what and bridge a couple and be the man

alternatively, gently coax it with another key that fits the barrel, or go a bit mongrel and screwdriver it hardcoan.

IMGP2665.jpg

IMGP2666.jpg

IMGP2667.jpg

so it runs. smokes like a train when u give it guts though, so hopefully clean out the carb will do the trick. ive herd the exhaust port gets all clogged up so ill whip the exhaust off and check that out. just need some indicator covers and a bulb and il be away laughing (rather slowly i might add)

jsut somethign decent

i roll synth/mineral blend as seen here

oilsandsprays_shell_advance_sx2_1l.jpg

coz it's a reasonable price and available at all shell outlets, which is where i usually gas up my vespa. it's $15 a litre, though, but more flasherer shit will set you back up to $30 a litre.

even that's fine though. lasts ages. I've only gone through about 5 bottles of the shit and have covered around 20000km on my piece since i got it, but if you're only a fair weather rider/go for a burn now and then it won't worry you.

my pasolla went choice on this shit also.

$8 a litre lawnmower shit is grot. I don't even run it in my lawnmower. doesn't burn properly or anything, and you'll probably find that at wide open throttle you'll be over oilnig a bit so it's best to have something that doesn't clog your shit.

synth is mean, semi synth is pretty good too..... for example, You're meant to pull the head off vespa engines every 3000km to 'decoke' the head and piston. I've seen the carbon deposits that are expected.

running that shell shit above, and my head was clean as a whistle after like 5000km so i haven't bothered pulling it again to check.

replaced the oil last night, new spark plug, ordered battery (will be here today). still smokes like a train but seems to run better. plan for tonight is clean the carb out, clean the exhaust out, hopefully stops smoking.

will get the old lady to go get me some plates tomorrow while im at work, and then fingers crossed, can roll with it to ham OS meet tomorrow night.

going to be touch and go haha