Vai's, nearly a 130tc. 105tc

Vai-Man

Well i got this earlyier in the week i was waiting for a nice day to take some pics but wellington weather is shit so here are some trademe ones.

113194920_full1.jpg

113194991_full1.jpg

113194973_full1.jpg

So far it seems pretty solid runs like a bag of shit though 80miles to 20l of petrol isnt optimal haha. it seems to bog down when you put your foot down smells like its running rich and takes an age to warm up. Im geussing i should have a play with the mixture.

Also the brake rotors need a grind because i can feel them though the pedal.

Plans include new dampers punto gt brakes and to sort the motor out so it runs better, Anyone got a carb diagram/tuneing guide its a weber 32/34 i think.

:lol:

Brakes on them always feel a bit shit on them because it was built as a LHD car and left the brake booster on the other side. All they did was put a rod from the brake peddle to the booster, so peddle feeling isn't the best. While your there replace the brake fluid, mine was half fluid and half water when I did mine. Brakes felt heaps better after.

Th130 on here is Terrry he should be able to hook you up some 130tc from brakes/hubs and suss some Uno turbo/Delta turbo rear disc brakes for you. That will make it stop well enough. You may need a Booster out of a 130tc as well because it has a bigger diameter booster than the 105tc.

Punto GT stuff doesn't fit.

Nah i can feel the peadle vibration under brakeing feels like the rotors need a skim so i may as well just get new ones.

I thought you could fit punto gt/uno turbo brakes and rotors with a 6mm spacer? but ill try and contact th130tc anyway cheers.

Went to buy a new thermostat since it only seems to warm up in trafic and sitting etc otherwise it hardly moves but repco etc dont have a strada listing? is a 1600cc 128 the same or nah? Also any guides to tune the carb?

Cheers

The 128's are a SOHC motor - different thermostat.

If it is the type that sits down in the head then it should be the same as Lancia HPE/beta, Fiat Spider 2000/132/Argenta.

As far as I know anyway, I have only owned the RWD versions.....

Nah i can feel the peadle vibration under brakeing feels like the rotors need a skim so i may as well just get new ones.

I thought you could fit punto gt/uno turbo brakes and rotors with a 6mm spacer? but ill try and contact th130tc anyway cheers.

Went to buy a new thermostat since it only seems to warm up in trafic and sitting etc otherwise it hardly moves but repco etc dont have a strada listing? is a 1600cc 128 the same or nah? Also any guides to tune the carb?

Cheers

These guys did a front brake conversion with Punto GT parts.

http://www.abarth-racing.dk/frontbrake.php

Stradas are also called Ritmos some parts manuals have them listed as either. Mal at http://www.fiatparts.co.nz will be able to help you out with new parts.

When it warms up do the electric fans go on? There is a sensor screwed into the radiator that craps out and stops the fans from coming on.

Nice buy Vai man. Thermostat from 128 engine no good. You need thermostat from 130tc/105tc engine. Mal at fiatparts.co.nz is your man for them. Tell him Tel sent ya and he will look after you.

Brakes: 105tc runs different hubs from 130tc...which actually helps you. Punto gt brakes do fit with 6mm or 6.5mm spacer i seem to recall....those brake from punto gt are hard to get tho.

Steering rack: First thing i would do is jack the car up and check play in rack. Lat time i drove it it was bloody hairy. So i gave the guy a spare 105tc rack. Don't know if he ever put it on.

Also check rhs front guard position, it had a bent rod between guard and inner guard so guard sat oddly. Again i gave him straight one...don't know if that ever made it on car either.

Besides that can't think of anything else i can help with but sing out if you're after help.

Cheers Terry

Yup im trying to track brakes down etc still looking at options haha.

It is a wee bit hairy i might be rack play i need to have a look a bit closer feels like it needs a alignment at the least.

The front guard sits properly the front lip and bumper need a bit of attention though just a bit saggy with old rusted nuts and bolts.

Well i should have known after 2 weeks of troubble free motoring the eccentricys start to appear haha.

It dropped cylinder #3 last night on the way home from work i had a play and cleaned the dissy replaced the leads and the plugs since it wasnt sparking and it seems to run ok now but it seems to have hardly any power, drops to 3 every now and again pops with the occasional backfire, and struggles and bogs down when you put foot down.

Im pretty sure its a mix of average spark and the need for a tune and or possibly a vacum issuse.

I geuss i will have to drive my subaru next week haha :cry: