Sunroof Removal q's

sgtjackass

Hi

After getting sick of the constant drip in the rain emitting from the rear of my hood lining I thought id take a look.

Basically I saw the drain pipes were all wonky so gave one a little push to get it back on the grommet from the sunroof drain assembly. It fell apart, the entire rear of the 'tub' is rusted to bits. :(

Now... its been repaired shonkly in the past by way of replacement of glass with a perspex panel with wood :shock: supporting 'bars' surrounded by what appears to be black silicon .

Whilst procrastinating at uni ive decided I want to take the car off the road and fix all the issues in one sweep. I was thinking id cut away the tub and weld a panel over but i think that roof warp would be inevitable with my average welding skills.

It appears that the 'tub' part is held on with spot welds and glue. My plan is to remove this area (by drilling out welds and scraping off glue) and replace the panel with a flush carbon fibre panel (i build boats so have the material and skills).

My question is: is there any legal issues I have to deal with here?

Cheers for any help you can shine on this topic and any suggestions