Triumph 2500tc Manual Conversion

Tits Mcgee

from memory they are a bolt up flange on both ends so would say the bolting up will be the same as there is no spline.. but as to the length I am not sure - some 2500TC/PI's had 4spd manual with overdrive so the driveshafts on these would possibly be shorter than the plain 4spd manual (non overdrive)

I did a swap from manual to manual over drive (J type) a few years ago, there was no need to swap the drive shafts.

Earlier auto models had splined shafts that slid into the back of the gearbox (apparently the trans fluid comes out when you remove the shaft.) The later auto shafts have UJ at each end but are not suitable for manual cars - wrong length apparently.

Diffs are slightly different ratio between auto and manual cars but thats not a huge problem

Yeah from what some other pple are telling me, the manual shafts are interchangeable but not between manual and auto,

it looks like im gonna go non o/d and get all the gear all from one car anyway now, does anyone know if ill need the crossmember aswell?

Yeah from what some other pple are telling me, the manual shafts are interchangeable but not between manual and auto,

it looks like im gonna go non o/d and get all the gear all from one car anyway now, does anyone know if ill need the crossmember aswell?

just grab everything you can - box, release fork, flywheel, pedal box, driveshaft, gearbox/xmember mount, speedo cable, clutch, clutch cable(or hydraulics)

I'm pretty sure that the crossmembers are the same across the whole 2000 range but as KK-Kolenel says just grab everything you can.

Over drive gearboxes are good and not the nightmare people make them out to be they can be a bit pricey though I think I paid $250 for mine and it was cheap. Don't pay too much for a straight 4 speed though they're pretty common. (sold mine for $20)

Standard 4 spd with auto diff ratio is all good, used to roll that in Mk1 for ages when diff blew

makes motorway cruising a breeze. Overdrive is still awesome

If ya gunna roll J-type overdrive, find the internals out of the P-type found in Volvos and fit them for epic strong trans

will do skids with overdrive engaged swt as..