retarded guy fitting diesel alternator to 4g63

bubblegoose

maybe different on other engines but i'd say you'd have to be running huge cams with alot of overlap to run into vac issues. the 4a in the kp has 314 & 308? deg cams. idles like a 4k with a fucked carb. but still plenty of vac for booster

just cost and more mucking around to setup a non assisted setup i guess.

Vac issues don't actually exist.......just another forum myth for the benefit of retards. If the motor runs, then there's vacuum.

Steve

prehaps so , but enough to run the booster??, no . if that was the case diesel engines would not need the vacuum tanks that they have for vacuum storage chap .

Vac issues don't actually exist.......just another forum myth for the benefit of retards. If the motor runs, then there's vacuum.

Steve

prehaps so , but enough to run the booster??, no . if that was the case diesel engines would not need the vacuum tanks that they have for vacuum storage chap .

Diesels don't have a throttle and the manifold is always at atmospheric pressure or greater. Dunno how an exhaust brake affects things but that's irrelevent.

The vac only gets used up when you put the foot on the brake as it's "doing work" when when the foot's on the brake, the throttle is usually closed and making vac.

It's like reading on an american forum..... "help, when I pump the brake with the engine idling, it idles funny?"

Steve

Steve

Diesels don't have a throttle and the manifold is always at atmospheric pressure or greater. Dunno how an exhaust brake affects things but that's irrelevent.

The vac only gets used up when you put the foot on the brake as it's "doing work" when when the foot's on the brake, the throttle is usually closed and making vac.

It's like reading on an american forum..... "help, when I pump the brake with the engine idling, it idles funny?"

Steve

after a bit of thought and a sleep , i retract my previous statement haha .. was thinking of three things at once and fucked it up.. my bad .