toyota 3sgte questions/info

mk4

gidday guys. I'm not to sure where to put this, feel free to move it to its appropriate form.

I don't know much about the engine and cant find much about it over the internet,

But my friend has a 3sgte celica sitting out the back of his house and he wants to get rid off it, the engine receives fuel and air. but there's no spark(engine does turn over).

Any help on this would be gratly appreciated.

Also are there any rwd gear boxes that bolt strait up? or do i have to get a custom bellhousing etc etc?

Cheers

Probably better placing questions like these in the tech section/searching.

Can use a bellhousing from a 4sfe motor in RWD.

I got one with my SX80.

I believe it puts the starter motor on the exhaust side though which means less room for turbo.

The gearbox will be a W55/7/8 (alloy box) You can also get T series bellhousings but the box wouldn't last very long I'd say.

If it's got no spark, check if the coil/other appropriate electrical components have power where they should.

all the same block bud just need to use the altezza dual mass flywheel to suit. It isn't as strong as a w55/7/8 box I wouldn't recommend going turbo with the tezza box it is the same unit as behind s15 sr20dets and they end up having problems with their strength. If you go w55 you can use the s-eries bell housing but it is to long for the 3sgte flywheel. You need to either mill abit off the bolt face that bolts to the engine or space out the pivot point on the clutch fork, best is probably a combination of the two.