3SGTE RWD Dizzy Relocator Kit

NicT

Will have a finished protoype by the end of next week

Laser cutting will begin Monday, should have the face plate ready tuesday and i will machine appropriate parts on the lathe in free time during the week.

Will be doing a 20V one after this has been completed. Once we have a working prototype i should be able to have a turn around of 1 - 2 weeks per kit at quite a minimal cost.

2631_76390415836_654920836_2829363_2515113_n.jpg

Let me know what you think and if there is anything you can see that will need improving or something you will see that will not work. Dizzy pointer and cap isnt included in drawing neither is locking nuts for dizzy cap.

All critisism welcome.

Is this to move the dizzy from the rear of the head to the front of the engine and run it off the pulleys? Juwt with being unfamilier with those engines I can't really see whats going on. Also, thought they used CAS anyway, is this an earlier gen one or do they all use dizzy's of some nature?

yea so are you running it directly off the exhaust pulley? cutting the dizzy down and fitting a bearing to the lower portion of the shaft?

I cant find any pics of the ones i used to make for 20v's I have the solidworks drawings somewhere

yea so are you running it directly off the exhaust pulley? cutting the dizzy down and fitting a bearing to the lower portion of the shaft?

I cant find any pics of the ones i used to make for 20v's I have the solidworks drawings somewhere

No bearing, just a spigot on the cam gear and the pointer directly attaching to the spigot. Same principle as a 1uz dizzy. Toyota made an approved, nic stolen and adapted for 3s.

All up the cost of the kits are absolutely marginal compared to the 20v ones ive seen for sale in america ($500 USD). I imagine this would be in the ballpark of $150 NZ each.

Is this to move the dizzy from the rear of the head to the front of the engine and run it off the pulleys? Juwt with being unfamilier with those engines I can't really see whats going on. Also, thought they used CAS anyway, is this an earlier gen one or do they all use dizzy's of some nature?

They all use dizzies. Not sure about the Gen 4's in caldinas but i imagine they are the same.

No bearing, just a spigot on the cam gear and the pointer directly attaching to the spigot. Same principle as a 1uz dizzy. Toyota made an approved, nic stolen and adapted for 3s.

All up the cost of the kits are absolutely marginal compared to the 20v ones ive seen for sale in america ($500 USD). I imagine this would be in the ballpark of $150 NZ each.

Got a pic? on the 20v the lower portion of the shaft is supported by a oiled bush when i did my ones we turned out the lower part of the dizzy housing an put in a bearing. You think the bearing in the top of the dizzy is enough? or the spigout in the cam gear is enough to support it? Anyway keen on pics, there was definitely a small market for the 20v setup i got pms from all over the world with mine. But only made 4-5 as I was at uni.

Got a pic? on the 20v the lower portion of the shaft is supported by a oiled bush when i did my ones we turned out the lower part of the dizzy housing an put in a bearing. You think the bearing in the top of the dizzy is enough? or the spigout in the cam gear is enough to support it? Anyway keen on pics, there was definitely a small market for the 20v setup i got pms from all over the world with mine. But only made 4-5 as I was at uni.

No pictures yet.

Did you relocate the whole dizzy to the front of the engine? Mine is essentially attaching a plastic cap onto a cam gear. Weight difference would be the same as going to JUN steel adjustable cam gears.

yea I got a piece of alloy spun up, bolted it to the exhaust cam gear. cut the dizzy right down and replaced the brass bush with a bearing. Then laser cut some plates that locate the dizzy in front of the cam gear.

I see what your doing now going further and mounting the guts of the dizzy inside your plates that sit essentially in the cam gear correct? nice

yea I got a piece of alloy spun up, bolted it to the exhaust cam gear. cut the dizzy right down and replaced the brass bush with a bearing. Then laser cut some plates that locate the dizzy in front of the cam gear.

I see what your doing now going further and mounting the guts of the dizzy inside your plates that sit essentially in the cam gear correct? nice

Nah even simpler then that man. Ill show photos when its done and all will become clear.

Di d you have any problems with the dizzy running clockwise instead of anticlockwise in its new position? the CAS part of it not get upset?