Sexyminors 1982 Hiace

EURON8

So that nasty miss it was having recently was a combination of crappy carb tank pickup and no fuel :mrgreen:

Radiator is off at the shop getting the a bigger lower inlet and moved to the other side.

Will make the lower piping much easier to sort out, considering 18rge water pump outlet OD is about 5mm bigger than radiator outlet OD.

New battery.

Oh OH oh, ALternator works a treat now. Cheers R100!!!

Pre radiator removal.

IMG_0016-1.jpg

IMG_0015-1.jpg

Quick sand and paint this week(ish)

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DSCN0020.jpg

DSCN0021.jpg

Spent ages out the back of repco comparing a wall of hoses to a piece of wire i bent into the basic shape i need for new lower radiator hose. Eventually found a winner from a commodore. WIth 80mm cut off each end it fitted pretty well.

Radiator is back out and heading back the the shop on monday to get the top inlet altered as well and a nut for the thermo switch added.

Couple of fiddly clearance issues left to sort. Like the brake booster hose rubbing on the coil mount and wearing through. Not actually as easily to fix as it sounds. story of my life.

Am so going to do a burnout this week.

Slowly but surely.

This rain is making things hard with the van being outside.

Previous pipe had rusted out at both ends and was bordering on unusable, so raided a secret stash (rot808s bishes/boss doesnt know about my copper stash) of copper and got him to bend this up.

Now to put radiator back in and test.

IMG_0043.jpg