Civ of Dat180's

Rusted

Thinking, fuck it. I'll keep it and have some fun.

datbd010mediummv8.jpg

datbd021mediumts3.jpg

Soon to have...

hmm1mediumso1.jpg

It's costing me a car to have it(Welded and redrilled) done but enough cars and no progress so sod it.

From there 3" lower in the front and 2 1/2"at the back. Panel and Paint from there God has no idea.

hjy034mediumux4.jpg

I'm keeping busy this weekend polishing the painting the other pair of mags/And looking at fitting an EN1 block.

Had the lock key spit out of the crank pulley today which in turn has just made a big mess. Rather that going around and collecting all the parts for the 1169cc I have handy to me a 1335cc with five speed. Spenting a bit of time researching care of

http://www.1stgencivic.org/world/c1zr/m1/forum/index.php

Also would really like to pump the front guards an inch and the rear guards 1/2" out but keep the factory look. And most sit at least this low.

2980260172_731f07c40c_o.png

frontfh3.jpg

hjy004mediumwb9.jpg

hjy010mediumit4.jpg

All mags are fitted!! Also found a rechormed bumper on TM for a nice price. Looking at getting the front indicators/marker lights refitted under the front bumper to clean up the lines of the car.

Also note the car hasn't moved... I'm heading out to the car graveyard friday to get the EN1 up and running.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

EB3 price when silly. Consolation prize Extractors. Sourced another EN1 shell complete so here is hoping, 1335cc of fury and 5 speed that aren't shot. :(

96521052_full.jpg

Also now on the hunt for an 32/36 weber downdraught in working order if anyone can help out.

• 2 weeks later...

112543749_full.jpg

More power = EB3 head :D

EN1 block isn't any better then the last one with shot ring. :rolleyes:

Require ring kit and may as well see if I can source some new bearings.

Also have landed a set of Accord factory rims 13x5, anyone recommend some suitable stickys to suit them?

• 5 weeks later...

photo0067medium.jpg

EB3 head mated with EN1 block, with the extractors sitting in place. Just need to get the flywheel skimmed then fit it with the 5 spd and electronic dizzy.

photo0070medium.jpg

photo0071medium.jpg

photo0072medium.jpg

Might need a press if I was to fit these as they will kill wheel bearing.

Head Gasket-: $32 Repco, $45 Supercheap, $39 Auto parts

Intake / extaust gasket-: $~10 a piece Repco

Clutch pack -: $248 Repco , $197 Supercheap.

Replacement shocks-KYB-supercheap:- $130 a piece up front, $180 a piece for the rear. _Not that rich_

Getting the flywheel machined Monday and reassemble the engine. Who wha.

• 2 weeks later...

Engine and gearbox now sitting in place!! Some minor issues that I was expecting but otherwise all when well. Looking at the shocks that are shot and the king springs that are in the corner of the shed-some 2" lower then the towers. Is it as simple as getting replacements then taking them down to the fabricators and get him to chop 2" off the top then refit?

• 8 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The babee lives. The five speed has a stupid short first gear that relates to a lot of wheel spin and very little going forward. The four speed was HEAPS better around town. This engine is has loads more torque but it has taken away from the revy nature that it once had. On the to do list, lower, flare guards, look at the 'Wide' stance again with the 14x6 and small amount of wiring for the moved indicators position, repair exhaust, WOF and then P'N'P.

photo0502t.jpg

The only visible difference in this picture is where the front indicators are mounted.

• 3 months later...

I had a retard idea yesterday. 'Let's change the carb over to see if it makes the only car I have running at the moment go better...' EN1 carb= petrol out the diapharm and destoried my spare gasket set so had to us the bus today.

I NEED A 32/36 WEBER!!!

Lined up a BG Familia yesterday and won, but only cause I caught him off guard. The power race has begin.

Might need to open a discussion thread...

Hunting TM last night and came across some DA6 integra coil overs. Thought to myself- 'That bottom arm will come off and drop the sin out of the ride height'. Tossed and turned all night and all through today was distracted at tech. Once tech was over raced to the honda wreckers. Bought a pair of DA7 front struts and raced home. Sadly I must have cleared out my old EB1 struts so I removed a strut from my civ to compare.

photo0632.jpg

photo0633.jpg

All types of small issues, main one being that the diameter of the DA strut is less then that of the EB strut- So add a layer of sheet metal/2mm mild steel+weld = win? OD of lower strut DA=40mm EB=35mm

Top hat is different, swap them over and basically hope the spring clears the wheel. Add bearings for turning etc...

• 3 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Pulled out the 1335cc EN1 enigne this afternoon and test fitted the ER- City turbo engine. This has shown up a few problems. The bottom engine mount fouls on the flywheel, also going to need to fab up a new top mount. Anyone got a link to help me along the swap? Looked through 1stgencivic and haven't had much luck. Would like to look at a brake swap and some 13x7 HD RSB's or the like.

• 1 year later...
Guest Dat180

Had a go at getting the old girl ready for Nats, but fell well short. Got it running again after over a year of sitting idle but it has MASSIVE electrical issues now. So what has been done...

Fender mirrors added as for Taistorm's directions. 16L modified to suit.

img0376ha.jpg

Wooded grain steering wheel and '11' shifter.

img0377x.JPG

Pair of old recaro fishnets- without the nets

img0378an.jpg

And looking at modifing some standard bearing caps as alloy centers.

img0379rg.jpg

img0380qs.jpg

img0381xj.jpg

Electric issues: Alternator- shot. No surprises there.

Headlights- Don't go, Drivers side indicators- Don't go, Horn... doesn't go...

And now it doesn't hold its liquids well. Gas falls out of the tank through the drain and oil is dripping somewhere from the sump...

Also, want this grill/front facial treatment!!!

cropped-7174168295_0e6b7467e5_b-1000x288.jpg

• Like 1