1jzgte issues

spanners

I need a toyota whore like CDL or TGB to help me out here...

I helped my bro put a 1jzgte in a JZX81. We are dicks cos we used the soarer engine mounts and the motor sits in the wrong place! Shame on us. Have to change that... But anyway thats irrelevant.

The issue is actually the wiring. Whats the deal with the 'fuel control computer'? Do we have to keep it or is there an easy way to ditch it? We only wanna get rid of it to save on wiring. The donor car is a soarer Jzz30.

Any help would be appreciated. If you want photos then hit me up bishes

dont need fuel control computer all it does is run the pump with less voltage thus slower & quieter under normal driving (still the same pressure in the rail just doesnt need the volume). Then Cracks it up under load just run what ever pump your running with 12v and you'll be fine. it should all run with only about 5 wires if the loom Isnt cut

Would be in a fucked up place with the soarer mounts!!

Nah its a front sump but we didnt change it.... Fits nice. Well it will when we change those mounts anyways. Its my bruvs car so I dont give a fuck if its wrong :D

Hahaha you should see where the motor sits. 65mm forward and on a fucked up angle ie. cambelt cover hits bonnet etc. Is rofl as fuck

By making the pump run at full voltage all the time you'll be returning more fuel back to the tank.

That means probably over running the FPR and return line probably making the fuel pressure higher at idle than it should be. In turn it will run richer at idle increasing fuel consumption and upsetting drivability. Put it into the "rangi mods" classification.

It might be OK though but is it worth the hassle?

Steve

By making the pump run at full voltage all the time you'll be returning more fuel back to the tank.

That means probably over running the FPR and return line probably making the fuel pressure higher at idle than it should be. In turn it will run richer at idle increasing fuel consumption and upsetting drivability. Put it into the "rangi mods" classification.

It might be OK though but is it worth the hassle?

Steve

some 1jz's and 2jz's have it from factory and some dont same engine same regulator. Its purely a noise thing because crownsetc dont have the fuel tank under the car like toyota used to do, its in the boot behind the seat right by your passengers ears. It will run EXACTLY the same with the pump going full noise fuel pressure will not increase. There is no way this is a rangi mod when factory cars with the exact same motor come without the fuel control unit.

Cheers for that

Would be nice to do everything 100% orig stz but unfortunately the wiring is actually a bit more complicated than we first expected. Got new gte ECU and loom but there are a few plugs left over! Give us time and we should be sweeeeet