capri v6

shizzl

the engine thats coming in this car is a 3L bored out to 3.8L with forged pistons.

but ill probably use it for a bit till i get hold of a holden v6 as

they seem fairly easy to do,although the mains bearings are weak as shit.

id rather stick to the blue oval camp..

New Duratec or Explorer 4.0l V6 would be sweet......

could be talking out of my arse here but someone told me that the Exploder 4.0L V6 was a development of the German Capri V6s aka the 2.8s etc. Should be cheap in the states given the tendancy for them to fall over and there is definately a good aftermarket for them there (also found in some mustangs and Mazda B4000 utes over there)

• 2 weeks later...

Never been a fan of the V6 really.. either of them... the Essex is a heavy bitch and only has 3 mains making the bottom end a weak point. (a 2L pinto has 5) The cologne V6 has horrible siamese ports in the heads and doesn't make the low torque and grunt that you'd expect from a V6.

There are heaps of better engine options, imo if it's a capri then a V8 is your friend :D may as well make use of the huge engine bay. My 302 with alloyheads weighs only a little bit more than a pinto, much lighter than an Essex and lazily puts out 350hp. Can't go wrong imo.