Seedy Al's 1985 Super Custom (again!)

Seedy Al

Discussion > http://www.oldschool...hp?f=18&t=14004

So, most of you have seen this Car on here, or at Sams. What it is for those who DOnt know. 1985 Toyota Super Custom2.4 Deisel Turbo. Full 7 Seater, Its madness, eletric everything.......Anyway, bought it for towing and making trips over the country. SO should be mean for that.Currently has a mean boost leak, SO isnt coming on boost at all, so SIlly. Also, It was lowered all legit before I bought it. And when I was up in AUckland, picking it up, i thought I would Buy some mags too. So, picsSo, the way it looked when i bought it

P1010179.jpgP1010180.jpg

P1010181.jpg

P1010182.jpg

Bough these off trade me, and yes, I nkow all the story about them blah blah, I only paid $850, with some decent Tires, and they are fucken SSR 3 Piece, 17x8 and 17x9...! To cheap in my opion

P1010183.jpg

So, when the two came together.......

P1010184.jpg

P1010186.jpg

Couldnt be more freakn suited together. Give it that Peroid look, Anyway, Plans: Fit a boost guage, Fix boost leak Maybe intercool it. Build epic 3 inch exhaust for better flow. Maybe later on. air bag it. even just the back, so i can drag it all over town

Discussion Here http://www.oldschool...hp?f=18&t=14004

Anyway Allan

So, more pics of the interior etc

Has Front and read sun roofs, front one has glass, back one doesnt, but back one is huge, perfect for mega phone and paint ball gun action.......

And strippers.......

Anyway

Electronic dash

From the future

P1010187.jpg

So lush

P1010188.jpg

Even more lush. arm chairs

P1010189.jpg

Rear heater controls. some of them anyway

P1010191.jpg

More front

P1010193.jpg

Sun roof

P1010194.jpg

Limited

P1010195.jpg

My Family mover

P1010196.jpg

All folds into a bed too, perfect for road trips, Aye BDA

Allan

• 2 years later...

Don't worry, i'll take it from here.

First mod i did was to overheat it, because the waterpump died and i had no dash installed.

Replaced the waterpumperer, still runs hot, but i drove it to swapmate anyway cos i'm the bauce.

Got another radiator which is all mint inside, still runs hot going by the gauge i connected, i should really turn the fuel down but cbf factor has set in.

Tried to fit the 18" weds from the soarer, but 9's on the front just aren't gonna happen, hits everywhere, so i'll get more tyres for my 17's and see how that looks.

Other mods? um i slept in it, i can confirm it's rather comfy.

I dunno, time for 20B i guess.

• 2 years later...

Seedy Al Presents

THE RESURRECTION OF AN OLD FRIEND

So, what has happened?? I Aquired this back of Mr Simon aka Uterus After it ran intot hese over heating problems and sat out the back of our house for quite Some time. So its summer project on. (Sorry crown, you can go on the back burner.... again....)

I a have new form of motivation, both for me and the van, more to come on that later.

So first step, well, as you can see, its been sitting a while under a plum tree, near a bank not seeinging that much sun, so it got a sweeet covering of everything on it.

So I blasted and cleaned it! oh and got it running again haha

IMG_9937.jpg

IMG_9936.jpg

IMG_9935.jpg

Looks much better too. And i think, for now, Its time to reunite these old pals for a while, they just seem so cute together.

IMG_9941.jpg

IMG_9940.jpg

IMG_9938.jpg

IMG_9939.jpg

So next step, get the exhuast re built to its former 3 inch of side pipe doom glory, and see if it can get a wof, Which i cant see any reason why not, body is still mint pretty much

then its onto to phase two of the Van

Chur! cant wait

SO checked out what was left to do on the exhuast.

Pretty easy. Simon had started fitting a flange into it so he could run a straight pipe instead of the muffler

Pretty easy to keep going so welded on the flanges

IMG_9942.jpg

IMG_9943.jpg

IMG_9944.jpg

And as for the talk of what my plans are.....

IMG_9946.jpg

IMG_9949.jpg

IMG_9947.jpg

Jeah,

1kzte

So a decided to take this for a wof, but first the inside need to be re-assembled and cleaned good

Cleaned everywhere else and decided to see what was in the glove box.

Boom, Mouse house.

thankfully mouse was dead, but I did have a bit of a face palm and a lol at the same time

then I hit the local VTNZ

To my suprise, failed on just the rear brakes and a head lamp

brakes had a seized wheel cylinder, been that way for a while, so whacked in some new shoes and Cylinders

And the hand brake

Well, the driver side cable had pulled out of the drum, kinda. and had not a nice twist in it,

I was like, fuck, going to get anew one from somewhere, but they are freaken rare and different to your usal YH57 or anything.

After a few phone calls, it was concluded I was up shit creek and might have to get one made.

thankfully, my work mate likes to mess with things, and fixed it up pretty good, good to the point that it will work again, so I'm stoked

Will chuck that in tomorrow and put the drivers brakes in, and I will be away laughing to the Warrent shop

Not bad for a vehicle that has been sitting for a fair while, and is 27 years old

Glove Box

IMG_9952.jpg

Mouse house

IMG_9953.jpg

Warrent sheet

IMG_9954.jpg

Random pic

IMG_9958.jpg

Hearts