burning points

excort

hey guys i seem to be burning the points out in my dizzy even tho ive replaced condensor and points now i know its a simple problem im guessing somethings not earthd right could it be the coil earthing threw the dizzy ? cheers

stupid little problem but im sick of burning new sets of points out while trying to fix it lol.

they burn out almost instantly melts the wire going to the coil i dont have a balast resistor i was told i didnt need one ? im not 100% sure if im even getting a spark caurse i havent got the engine running yet its just been rebuilt it has a msd high voltage coil on there ive had it running sweet b4 tho ...

its prettymuch exactly wat it says in the books positive to coil from ignition then negative from coil to dizzy ive had this problem b4 when i wired up another engine ones i think it mite of been a shit earth on the coil it only does it when the points are closed so i mite try it with another coil and see what hapens there .

im pretty sure it can be used for electronic and points set ups ive had it running on my car before with points i have electronic ignition but it wasnt workin hence y im trying a points dizzy but im thinking the coil must be screwed trial and error ill work it out eventualy lol.