to cab off or to not cab off?

Jase

getting ready to drop the commie donk in the ute,

what you guys reckon whip the cab off and mount it then drop it back on top,

block it up 6 inches and mount it then drop it back on

or cut the trans tunnel out and mount it?

what has 6 stud 2wd vented disks ? l200 etc that have drop spindles availible?

that would bolt up to b1600 A arms?

can you use a clutch master as a brake master to run independant front and rear brakes

when running an auto ie plumb it and bridge the pedal for the cert?

if you're going to fuck around with front arms you may as well swap to hilux, not that much of a major, can get drop spindles easy, can go 5 stud which gives you an unbelievably sweeter selection of wheels and it would be pretty simple to put a hilux diff in the back too, check width first though.

you could buy the rn25 one of the guys off here is selling for a skinny diff, they're a heaps better width than most hilux ones and you can later centres in, just not axles unless you get them shortened and resplined.

plus if you have to cut the tunnel cab off, put engine in, tack, put cab on minus tunnel, check clearances, take cab off, final weld, cab on, sort tunnel. bit of fucking around with taking the cab on and off but you'll get the best result.

cheers

Matt

yeah tis true bout the range of wheels for hilux but i like 6 stud and the the steelies i have for

it,

wanna go stealth rat rod look not shiny pervert look considering its gona be laying skids pretty

frequently, they have a n uneven wishbone setup shorter at the top,

spoke to a mate last night and hes going to build me my own gantry,

two A frames that look like swing sets on 100mm wheels with two 6m channel tracks for them

to run in then a endless chain on each,

should be sweet then will bolt a frame under the cab so i can flip it like a big dodgy rotisserie,