patch of grass wanted

mark105

I hope you're getting that gem coupe. Its been relisted with a phone number. If you get that then I'll have room to store it for you :wink:

dont have the money he is after, if it was still a rolling shell id be more interested but he has taken everything out of it suspention wise. youd need to buy the shell and the front end and probably the diff to make it roll awayable.

yeah thats what I was talking to you about on friday night.

theres a gemini in pick-a-part in tauranga or you could find chevette/gemini parts from trademe or other wreckers pretty easily. Just a normal crosmember and diff would go in to make it rollable. Ahwell it will probably be on there for a while anyway.

Theres a turbo gemini couple for sale for $3500 on selmefree or one of those ones

I think that g-uniting the coupe is the only option really.

How much does he want ten five?

hes got the shell on for $1500 as the starting bid so im thinking he might be willing to take something close to that, tho i wouldnt know untill i rang him. might have to go look at it, auckland is easyer then going to wellington for a C110, was the original reason for needed the ke out of the garage.

also dont know if a normal diff would go in as the rear has been 4 linked, so be interesting to see how much of original shit is still there.

Yeah I saw that but I'm sure he wouldn't have removed the original stuff to put that 4 link gear in - there's no real need and I don't think it would get in the way.

$1500 is a steal! It has a certed and homologated full cage - thats $1500+ right there. Bulldog on the gm-t forum bought his C20XE engine so he's been emailing him etc if you want the email? Otherwise the phone numbers on the auction now. Do it!

Oh yeah and you can have my spare chevette diff thats sitting at home to get it rolling if you want. I'd be keen for a mish to go look at it/yarn to the cunt anyway if you're keen. Don't know when though perhaps after work tomorrow.

yeh prolly hasnt but thats why i want to go have a look at it, i would doubt hed sell for $1500 thats just what its starting at i was thinking more round $2000 prolly bit more but yeh pics dont show much so id be keen to go look at what im getting my self into.

tomorrow night could be possible, will give the dude a text.

dude just rang me boe, said hes unkeen for us to look at till next monday said hes busy and has some more fab work he wants to do, said a 4 link rear end is mandatory as from what he has done to it. said gemini front end would bolt in, cars got millions of spare parts as he wreaked 2 other cars for this one, this car came from the south island and he said he buyed 2 other gold ones from up here which might have been zeps old car, interior is lacking but it has about $1200 worth of smiths instrument gauges in it and rego is live, everything is certed, he was going to race it but did fit to the rules he needed so hes starting again. i think now hed be looking at like atleast $3000 for it maybe more, hes just painted it also.

i dunno its worth a look. dude sounds like he knows his shit.

Mean. Sounds like its worth so much money. I wonder what he did so that it won't comply with ss2000? I thought that was a pretty open class.

I would love to talk to him about the build up. I often bid against him on auctions on trademe and he put up comments saying about how he was building an opel replica, which I thought was pretty cool.

He deffinately knows his shit because he is making so much more for it by seperating the parts up. Probably twice as much as selling it complete. If you could get the body and the diff setup for about $3000 I think that would be a good buy and then just get a gemini front suspension setup for about $100 and you'd have a rolling body, then you have the options of any normal chevette/gemini conversions, which are pretty much unlimited really due to the engine bay size, it really just depends on what you want to do: 4cyl na, 6cyl, 8 cyl, 4 cyl turbo, rotary etc

Its deffinately a far better starting point for a race car than that tt131 corona you were looking at. That was an average suspension setup I reckon and that car would weigh 200kg's more than a gemini (and be no where near as cool as a "kadett c replica").

Mean. Sounds like its worth so much money. I wonder what he did so that it won't comply with ss2000? I thought that was a pretty open class.

yeh thats the problem, i doubt i could offer him a price he'd be keen on, he obviously after the cash, i was only looking to spend $2k and im prety sure hes going to be after more. i dont know how he didnt comply for ss2000 either, it is a very open class.