strut tops stuck on any ideas for getting it off

d.p.n.s

hi all

one of my strut tops is stuck on i clamped the springs and undune

the top nut and it wouldnt come off ive relesed the spring and that wont push it off ive used hea,wd40,FBH, and the fuking thing is still there.

the other one came off straght away.

any ideas

p.s its like a time bomb at the moment sitting in my garge with no nut on it and a unclamped spring just waithing to go off :lol:

If your replacing the insert smack the shit out of it with a hammer and a pin punch, or if thats to brutal grab a bearing puller and get it that way. I had the same problem with mine. theres not that much tension on the spring when it does pop off.

If your replacing the insert smack the shit out of it with a hammer and a pin punch, or if thats to brutal grab a bearing puller and get it that way. I had the same problem with mine. theres not that much tension on the spring when it does pop off.

all im doing is changing the tops to mk1 tops.

i thing a bearing puller is going to be the way or ill just carry on belting shit out of the top till it comes off :lol:

but its alwasy the way ones so easy and the other takes hours.

dan

Wind nut on two turns then bolt tophat back in car and then hit the top. Itll come out pretty easy... I had exact same problem when I did Bizzos and my last resort was this.. One hit and it came off... after hours of fucking round with CRC etc,