tuning in Aucks

P_Star

hey boes

Can anyone recomend someone in auckland who can tune up my new/old 4g63? Just needs mixture set and timing etc... I can't do it coz im a n00b! and is currently running rich as fuck.

also anyone got a spare exhaust manifold gasket for the above/just go to ripco?

yeah seriously, just muck around with the screws, see what each one does and go till it sounds good, then go for a drive and see if its got the power.

without knowing what carb you have... 2 of the screws may be mixture(one for each barrel) and one idle etc

also, just undo the nut holding your distributor from turning, very slowly turn it around until the engine idles nicely and has power when you drive it

unless your car becomes super lean on the fuel you'd be hard pressed to do any harm to it

cant begin to explain what a decent tune is worth, twiddling the screws wont get you very close at all to what the optimum would be

there is a place at the top of carlton gore rd, that road from the back of newmarket cinema's, up towards the hospital next to the domain. i cant remember what they're called, and to be honest ive never used them, but they caught my eye a couple of times, i'd reccomened going in there and having a chat to them, if they cant tune it themselves i'd put money on them telling you of a decent place to go