Capri Engine

NewGuy

Hay Huys

Looking at buying this jetboat with a mate.

Its got a 2Litre Capri Engine in it, i take this is a Pinto Motor?

If so what sort of problems do these motors have? Heads warping anything like that?

Also what sort of power do they make

Or is this 2litre Capri Stuff Bulshit?

I know im dumb

it could be a v4 motor or the pinto motor, theyre both 2 litres. the pinto motor has lots of info on here, its pretty reasonable

The v4 is pretty average I think, but dont quote me on that

I'm not sure what they do to motors to make them jetboat worthy either

lovely worthless post

if it's running proper jetboat exhaust manifld it could be mean as. also heat exchanger would be the only way I'd cool a jetboat, rather than just cooling it with 'seawater' straigth into the engine.

V4's are unreliable, utlees pieces of shit. pinto will be ok on a smaller craft with a single stage jet-unit. as a rule thoughanything worth getting will need to be pushed by a larger engine.

it could be a v4 motor or the pinto motor, theyre both 2 litres. the pinto motor has lots of info on here, its pretty reasonable

The v4 is pretty average I think, but dont quote me on that

I'm not sure what they do to motors to make them jetboat worthy either

lovely worthless post

help me out

IMO the 250 falcon engine is like,t he smallest i'd go. If it were me building up the powerhouse of a jetboat i'd use somethign else, but I' tlaking about cassicly used engines up in hurr. falcon 6s and shit are mint coz you can get all the jetbot hat echagner manifolds and shit off the shelf for tham and have been ablet to do so for years.

if it's running proper jetboat exhaust manifld it could be mean as. also heat exchanger would be the only way I'd cool a jetboat, rather than just cooling it with 'seawater' straigth into the engine.

V4's are unreliable, utlees pieces of shit. pinto will be ok on a smaller craft with a single stage jet-unit. as a rule thoughanything worth getting will need to be pushed by a larger engine.

Yea at the moment it is made for just fresh water use, we are planning on putting a heat exchange on etc.

And most likly repowering in with a lexus V8.

Just wondering what sort of power it should be ouputing at the moment and common problems witht he engine?

I've seen a few 3L V6 capri engines used in jetboats.. never heard of a 2L one.

the 2L Capri pinto is the same as the cortina & sierra motors. People seem to think that cos it's from a capri it might be a bit better.. but nup.

yep 100hp stock.. capable of twice that with extensive modifications.

my old mans jetboat has a 5.0L Windsor with a holley DP. Goes hard mean as etc