help: need cam seal (and some other bits and pieces)

CylinderHead

hi guys,

as you know i just finished painting my car (fiat 124). i have now nearly finished the inside (will have complete pics up soon).

so anyways i cant even enjoy it because its not running! (properly)

discovered oil leaking by the exhaust cam, have checked it out and have decided it is definately the cam seal and possibly also the cam housing gasket (or seal) not sure if these are the actual names of the parts.

cam belt has oil all over it so will change that too.

so i'm after these parts, just wondering how hard they will be to get. does anybody know if repco or supercheap will have these/be able to get them in?

any help or advice would be much appreciated!!

cheers

tim.

dont go supercheap. Pref not even repco, they have a huge mark up no matter what sort of discount you get.

Try more on to it places like partmaster, appco (division of repco), or similar. Make sure you get someone that knows what theyre on about, I'd help you, but I'm doing truck parts atm!

Either that or go genuine. If you can pay for a expensive paintjob, surely you can afford to spend a bit more on genuine seals, if avaliable.

Yeah I wouldn't go to supercheap either, our new parts system software somehow has fucked our our cambelt pricing, most have nearly doubled in price. Try Segedin's in AKL (http://www.staparts.co.nz) or as suggested like Partmaster or Appco. Partmaster do have a huge mark-up like Repco/Supercheap do when it comes to retail pricing as well, but most good cunts will give you trade price or at least loyalty discount.