Hydrolastic-lowering and stiffening

kokomo

http://www.dpr-motorsport.com/tech_hydrolastic.htm

Apparantly first i need to have..

Fitted new front shock absorbers

Fitted new anti roll bar (ARB) rubbers and drop links.

There is everything you need to know here.

Basically you need to depressurize the system. replace the front to back pipes with individual section pipes and valves, cut some metal off the displacer rods on one side, repressurize, check ride height, adjust again if need be, trim other side to the same measurements, repressurize and then bounce on the corners of the car to check it will maintain that pressure.

Labour on all this would be huge as you have to do abit of waiting around, like an hour here and there to let it settle etc.

Can also add a valve to the end of the unit and fill it up with 50% liquid and run at 70psi. Thats nitrogen filled psi too btw.

More hassel than its worth?

Or skilled hand backyard jobby?

Anybody feel confident to undertake this kinda work on my car?

Oh yeah, and just releasing some fluid out is no good. I want it lower and still hard. Its like anything, make it squirt and it gets soft!

Now i understand what the young boys next door were saying. Put the rods out, cut em off and fill it up with water. What a hory job that would have done!

When I got my 1300 years ago it was lop-sided so I let fluid out the other side and thought it rode and handled pretty sweet. Was wicked fun on the dirt roads.

Why not try it and if you don't like it you can either get the work done or get some fluid pumped back in.

I just drained everything outta mine till it sat low enuff... I later rolled it :?

Awesome.

If you are going to lower it anyway. You may aswell try letting some fluid out and see how it sits/handles, like cubastreet said. If you dont like it, then do it properly or get it repressurised. If you like it, then its a cheap fix :)