gearbox leaking oil at speedo cable

Guest WESTCORT

Guest WESTCORT

yea so my sierra 5 speed pisses out oil thru the speedo cable entry part. have tried siliconing it and putting lil papers gaskets and shit in there to no avail. anyone else had this problem? howd u solve it? is there like a seal kit i can buy to fix this? im using the eski speedo cable which is a bit short, this might be causeing / helping it leak oil, what other cable can i use thats a bit longer that wont mess with my speedo too much?

oh, and anyone got a sierra clutch cable floating round?

cher b0es

Guest WESTCORT

gay buzz. thort it might be that the cable was getting pulled cause it was so tight hence promoting it to leak. im guessing the box has to be out of the car to do the o ring? cable just fucked out on the motorway today now it doesnt work at all hah. in other news got me a wof yay

gay buzz. thort it might be that the cable was getting pulled cause it was so tight hence promoting it to leak. im guessing the box has to be out of the car to do the o ring? cable just fucked out on the motorway today now it doesnt work at all hah. in other news got me a wof yay

The box stays in. You only need to undo the speedo cable and one bolt Boe - easy as. Once the bolt is undone the alloy speedo drive thingee just levers out. There os an O ring in there that will come out with it.

First I would take off the cable and dose the area with brake clean to make certain you can see where the oil is coming from. It is possible that it IS coming out trough the drive pawl - if so you can goo the inside of the pawl up with sealant.