Joe's Jaguar

Goat

Got this bad boy 4 years ago. It doesnt really fit in with the jaguar/european car clubs cos its a bit ferral. But Oldschool seems accepting of all types of car so i will post it now. It was my first car. I havn't driven it yet :(.

Bought it red. Took all the paint (and bog) off with 3m disks FTL. It didnt come with an engine either. I found a rusted out 88 shell with a good motor. Had the H.E. V12 (High Efficiency, 8Km/l instead of 5km/l :lol: ) put that in. Got a link v3 ECU and wired that up. Got it running to find that the auto was fucked :( . So its been lying dorment for the last 2 years (Been distracted by frontes). Waiting for a supra manual conversion. I found some 17x10" mags with 275/50s on them. Had to get some adapters made up. All this would need certing so i wanted to wait till i did manual conversion and cert it all at once. I bought a bellhousing a year or so ago. Just need flywheel and stuff now. Which i am in the process of doing.

Should be quite a fun car to drive when its done. 5300cc of v12 coupled to a 5spd manual. Should sound and go mint!!, theyre pretty fast as an auto.

The Donor car:

dscn0050av5.jpg

The car as i bought it. Paint strip under way:

dscn0230vn8.jpg

dscn0237vd6.jpg

dscn0990lm8.jpg

There was no rust :D. Just very non strait panels :(

dscn1078qg9.jpg

After Alot of work off to get top coat put on:

dscn1199xj4.jpg

Back with top coat on. Holden metallic purple. Also got some chrome bumpers for it. The "Pre H.E." cars had lame as rubber ones. Rather expensive tho:

dscn1303zl5.jpg

And the mags, meaty slabs of rubber. I'd hate to buy new tyres!!:

dscn1204iy0.jpg

Needs way lowering. I had it lowered by jag mechanic but his low wasnt my low (if you know what i mean :P

dscn1247qu0.jpg

Last of all i cleaned up the engine. Was covered with greace and paint. Now its just 400kgs of clean aluminium:

dscn1245at4.jpg

Will update as i complete stages of my manual conversion. Will try and get it finished by the next trackday! :rolleyes:

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Tried to take the engine out this weekend so i can size up gearboxes/flywheels/clutches. Was all going well. As well as british cars can go. My GOD there are some horrible designs. Bolts with access that only allows 1/32th of a turn at a time. With like 5cm of thread :(. Wasnt much fun.

Got it all prepped and ready to take engine out:

dscn1504ru7.jpg

Started taking the engine out:

dscn1503ky6.jpg

Was all going fine till the block and tackle ceized. Was no going up or down. Just spent the last 2 hours trying to get it going again!! But no luck. SO frustrating!!

Will have to rent one tomorrow or something:

tmpphpohrxhhkr2.jpg

Rather annoying. But Oh well...

• Like 1

Got an engine lift today. Was really difficult transfering the load from the broken block and tackle to the engine lift. Did it in the end and got the motor out. So satisfying:

89431830dq6.jpg

81997889qn0.jpg

The fuel rail i had chromed. Went for standard high pressure fuel line with hose clips insetad of pushlock stuff. Looks way more mechanical in my opinion:

40053951fa0.jpg

And for a laugh. Epic compared to a fronte motor & gearbox & exhaust. Mind you, most things are epic compared to fronte motors :lol:

95211314mo8.jpg

Will order an alloy flywheel this week from US of A. Due to the favourable exchange rate. By getting a new flywheel i can choose my own clutch combo etc. Which will be good :D

That is all..

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Flywheel arrived today. Was rather expensive. But its a good one. Way better than adapting my flexiplate to a flywheel or adapting some other flywheel to fit. Or even sourcing an original. 16lb Alloy Flywheel with steel ring gear. I can drill it for whatever clutch i want. Which is good.

30556185ho6.jpg

76145390fh8.jpg

Now just gotta get a supra box then ive pretty much got everything i need for manual conversion. Will be wicked..

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Due to massive rush for trackday there is a serious lack of pictures of the gearbox/clutch assembly. It is however, all working. Apart from the fucking car. This video was taken saturday before trackday. It was my first drive of it. And as you can see, this made me think it would be all g for trackday. But aparently not... :( Anyway. It just needs a propper exhaust and a dynotune. And an interior. And suspension sorted..... A fuck load more work really. but it does drive. And it does lush skids too :P

Anyway. here it is. My first drive of this car ever! And i wasnt even reving it out :D

• Like 3

• 8 months later...

This pretty much ground to a hault after the last X T Rheem effort to get it going for the last trackday. Sorted its "lack of running" problem. Twas the dizzy cap. Still have yet to pick up a new one from TGB. But yea, as of recently, i have been motivated to start workin on it again. Cut away the rear guards so it can now sit on bumps without the tyres rubbing. This is it at standard height which is dam high, although the roofline is still extreemly low:

dscn1549qw2.jpg

This is the ride hight i'm going for (this is on the other side cut away the same amount)

Dropped about 90mm:

dscn1550jv0.jpg

Replicated one of the front flares. Looks pretty good. Made it out of sheet metal. Just have to weld in and put a bit of say 6mm rod around the lip to take away the sharpness etc. This tucks the tyre just under the guard and there is no clearance issues anymore. yay 275/45s!!

it looks horribe in the pic. But it does actually fit quite nicely. Tape doesnt hold metal inplace very well :P:

dscn1551sx1.jpg

Seing the aircon doesnt work. And most of my wiring didnt work either. I decided to rewire the whole car with the bare essentials. Do away with all the ambient temperature sensors, reading lights etc etc. Took out heater fans and assembly. It has a seperate blower for each side, aswell as a giant one in the middle. Removed around 100kgs of shit. Just have to put the dash back in and i'm away laughing (Yes, it is as easy as it sounds. Supprisingly):

dscn1552ot5.jpg

And this is what its all about. Manual 5.3 litre v12. Wicked:

dscn1553re9.jpg

Its been the most epic uphill battle from day one. But one day, i'm gonna be driving out the gate and be like "fuck yea, this was worth it" well thats the plan anyway. Whether or not it happens is another story

mean

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Did some more over the weekend. Made up heater/demist ducts out of sheet metal. Mounted heater fan etc. Completely de-wired the car. And attached the flare. Looks pretty good. If i continue at this pace trackday seems like it may happen. haha

Welding up the flange to fit the heater matrix to the ducts:

img1802ev9.jpg

Me being a dick:

img1811zx8.jpg

The finished heater/demister ducts. A bit haggard but will most definately do the trick:

img1824pu9.jpg

Removed wiring, and then took apart to reuse all the lushly coloured wires for my rewire! :D As seen in toolbox

img1816ry6.jpg

Flare tacked on. Needs a small 8mm steel bead over the lip to make it less cutty, and a nice curve:

img1817qq0.jpg

Doesnt actually look too bad as far as flares go. I'd roll it. And the tyres dont bottom out anymore. yay.

img1818ev6.jpg

Lush, bring on next weekend

• Like 2

• 14 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...