help with gay engine stz

durty

they rang me today

not their fault they say

fan belt slipped and caned cambelt

my problem now, may do it myself instead, how hard is it to install valves/ what else might have broken

i have done a few headgaskets before so not a total noob, or should i leave it to pros?

How can a slipped fan belt fuck up a cambelt? I think they are just spinning this shit to get out of it. Tell them you are going to take it to another garage for a second opinion and see what they say.

fuck you'd be unlucky for it to break and climb into the cam cover. even then there's a steel sheild on the bottom plley.

my verdict - they'e spinning shit.

is the fan belt even broken bei?

fan belt still looked okay to me, will take it to second garage for opinion

this is gonna get interesting, cos it could be a real cunty thing that gets difficult. but i wouldnt tell them your taking it to somewhere else before you take it there, because i'f they've already slung a bit of shit, to do with this, i doubt they'd be worried about sabotaging something to have the next garage agree with them.

I'd probably hit them up now, go in there and take pics etc without telling them before you show up, its your car, so you have the right to have access to it in their buisness hours

• 3 weeks later...

sitting outside in my drive way

there is a tiny bit of wear on one side of fan belt where it has been rubbing on something, its one of those micro v belts and less than half a v out of 5 is worn off, i still dont believe what they say, pretty much cant take it anywhere else in upper hutt cos he is tight with everyone around here, so will have to take it to at least lower hutt.

was going to rip the rocker cover off to see if there is any damage but probly wont be able to see anything. if its cranked cams and stuff still turn but really slowly because the belt catches and rubs on inside of cover, so im hoping that there isnt any damage to valves etc,

pretty much just getting fucked off with it now