Lowlancer's 83 Mitsubishi Sigma Super Estate

It is still alive, and high as a kite due to wof requirement. Need to sort another shock, then get them shortened, cut the shit outta the springs and I'll be good to go. It's not even nice to drive as is.

img00024mn9.jpg

Wheels are looking shit too, gonna paint them by hand I think

Cleaned up in here too.

img00021lr6.jpg

Given I start my diploma tomorrow, money will be tight as a nuns cunt, so can't afford to pay cunts to do shit. Hopefully gonna pick up a spare 63 for cheap and rebuild that in spare time and then save for the long awaited bike carbs/manifold, or sell the cunt. Who knows

img00028tp9.jpg

My mate

Dicuss stz- http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=9917

Discuss

Back into it

Sorted this for $36, needs a rebuild which I will do. Never done one so will be taking my time etc.

60060905fulltw5.jpg

And this to clean up my spare head's inlet/exhaust ports and wherever is needed.

53392075fulllu7.jpg

Bonnet is looking shit, so decided to sand it back and repaint in Atlantic blue, aka the standard colour. Quite a nice blue really, tis metallic.

As it was

img000012zt8.jpg

As it stands, all of the shitty spraycan black gone. Black you see at the botom is me testing my gun :P

img000093mm6.jpg

I then noticed the lower valance was pretty fucked, so out with the angle grinder and 10mm...

img000042oz5.jpg

Looking very ragged

img000053bm9.jpg

And after a date with the grinder, some sandpaper and our friend matty b, this time from a spray gun...

img000063zw0.jpg

Came out wayyyy batter this time. Dropped pressure to 60psi and lay down a few light coats, then two heavy coats. Kinda orange peely but an improvement, plus the matte-ness hides the imperfections a bit better

Also rubbed down my mirrors in prep for some matty b too, but forgot about them altogether...Tomorrows job, along with painting the bonnet post rubbing it down again. Also gonna look at drivers door.

Was hard not to hit the front springs when I had that grinder out!

img000102ig8.jpg

Earned one of these and one of those

Right

Got front lip back on. Doesnt fit for shit, will deal to that later

Mirrors painted lovely like and on

img000054nd4.jpg

And bonnet painted, and of course, fucked completely, through a combination of; My shite skill, the paint drying before it hit the bonnet, and my bullshit gun which is only good for small shit. Have started cutting it back with the sandpaper and it looks grand anyway.

img000064oa5.jpg

So all in all a day of few successes.

• 4 weeks later...

Got these 38mm CV carbs off a FZR1000 for cheap.

img000044yw2.jpg

Started tearing them down to check they're all G. Diaphragms are all sweet and no tears evident. All slide back and forth nicely.

I'm just having a few issues with the jets, namely the main jet. I need to remove it to drill it out, but I can't seem to. I apologise for the pics, my camera has no macro setting. Hopefully bike buffs can figure what is going on.

img000015pt6.jpg

img000024cf3.jpg

img000034rs2.jpg

Discussion thread here http://www.oldschool.co.nz/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=9917. Thanks boes

• 2 weeks later...

Cleaned and stripped carbs, got a full rebuild kit more or less for $40, which is on the way and includes jets diaphragms etc.

img00001dg1.jpg

Got the engine home finally, and have started stripping it down.

Got the valvetrain off (well not the valves, the cam and rockers etc), and bolted it up to my spare head so I don't lose anything. All looks okay, bar a bit sludgy.

After a bit of fucking about, whereby Mr head studs met Mr 10mm hex and Mr Hammer, I got the head off. Bit of a mess but the honing marks are still easy to see, but there has clearly been a fair bit of blowby as I can spot gas marks down the bores. Knew that already.

img00014ig0.jpg

img00013si8.jpg

Like I said, I have a spare head that just needs the cast marks removed from the intake and exhaust. Mission for rest of today is to clean some shit and get the pulley off the cam so I can send it away to be reground

Edit: I think I need new pistons too, these ones look corroded

• 8 months later...