Lowlancer's 83 Mitsubishi Sigma Super Estate

wtf have I got myself into. So much fun to drive, spun her out on way to work after macabre the good cunt dropped her off to me. has cutties in front and standards in rear. Looks awesome as.

Plans consist of

Low as fuck-SEMI DONE

Extractors-NEED TO FIT

Jap style 14s-DONE

1785/60 R14-DONE

New door, painted

Matte black bonnet-DONE

New shocks

2â€

Been ticking along with the wagon, got speakers in front door card, look quite good. Go pretty hard given I just have a cheap XPLOD head unit. Gonna chuck my 6x9s in next and call it a day for sounds.

p1060276mg2.jpg

Been solidly sanding away my bonnet for last couple days. The paint on this thing is so fucked it’s not funny, almost like someone has poured brake fluid on it. Pretty much just took off the top layer of topcoat,

p1060278ct8.jpg

And there it is on the wagon.

p1060296cy8.jpg

Looks good, I’m happy as. Looks mildly streaky but can barely see it when dry. It’s so smooth too. You can also see the JAF badge there. It needs a bloody good wash due to sanding mess. Go in for WOF tomorrow, need to put standard front springs back in, which is tonight’s job, and then just hope for the best

Scored some wheels too. Should see them next week. I’m very happy with them, so you can probably all guess what they are.

Random photos

Engine bay

p1060281ja8.jpg

Snap, am I boso now?

p1060283zn0.jpg

40429936fullam4.jpg

Picked these up for $50 off trademe, pretty happy. Main focus is to save for tyres now, for Street Fins.

Basically just want it lowered, with the wheels, tyres and exhaust, and subtle touches like JAF badge and bodywork. Sanded down drivers door where the paint was stripped when I took off side trim. Just need to sort some body paint, will also touch up rest of the body like at base of windows, and the roof which is badly cracked. Considering black roof, what do you guys reckon? Needs to wait till payday, as I’m saving hardcore and want to be spending less money and more time this project.

So far have spent only around $800 on it, including purchase price, and that includes wheels and above extractors.

Have also replaced plugs with new NGK numbers and replaced haggard ignition leads with 8mm items. All were purchased for Celeste and were just sitting around taking up space in my already messy garage.

p1060281ds4.jpg

Plan for the weekend is as follows.

-Prime drivers door

-Prep and prime various spots around body

-Repaint window surrounds satin black

-Install 6x9s

-Clean up engine bay, degrease, mild deloom

-Clean door cards and interior

Then get a WOF next week and get a replacement RHS passenger door. More pics and updates to follow.

Plan for the weekend was as follows.

-Prime drivers door - DONE

-Prep and prime various spots around body NAH BOE

-Repaint window surrounds satin black NAH BOE

-Install 6x9s NAH BOE

-Clean up engine bay, degrease, mild deloom YEAH SORTA BOE

-Clean door cards and interior SORTA BOE

Above makes me look like a hopeless cunt.

I'm not that bad, also got

Celeste deep dish steering wheel in,

cut down the shifter,

painted the rocker cover satin black,

installed the cd player into the dash properly so it sits nicely and tidily

Polished the das

Installed fuel pressure gauge into dash

Most of Sunday was spent working on the Celeste. By working, I mean tearing it down in preperation for sale. Have sorted a mean deal out with a Father and son, should be a good deal for both parties.

Anyway, pics tomorrow, but for now, scored this tonight.

40910975fullxa4.jpg

Pre sanding

p1060336km7.jpg

Post sanding

p1060335ww8.jpg

Comparison

p1060337rw8.jpg

Obviously need a polish and paint, I’ll do that tonight.

Interior shot with wheel etc

p1060340rb7.jpg

And my sweet as wheel arch gap, soon to be gone. Also note waste of time door paint. Don’t paint at night, too damp. Will be seen to this weekend with my flash as new paint gun.

p1060333qq4.jpg

In other news, in at WOF centre now, pray for me.

As expected, got sweet f all achieved really.

Painted some of the window jams, and gave her a scrub down. Also test fitted wheel properly, hopefully sort thr tyres this week if I’m not too lazy. Clearly needs a spacer on the back but I’ll wait and see if it’s worth it.

p1060367nx9.jpg

1505071806gw0.jpg

Also chucked badge on bonnet, what a gay weekend

wheelam7.jpg

wheelv2at7.jpg

wheelv3qq3.jpg

sidewallzc5.jpg

Here’s a Toyo Proxe 185/60. Sidewall equates to about 111mm. Not sold on it as yet. The tyre style is nice enough. $110 per tyre fitted

I can also get a European branded tyre, name escapes me, in a 185/55. That equates to about a centimeter less in sidewall height, and is apparently a really good looking tyre. They’re about $125 fitted, but I would be willing to go that way if I don’t like the look of these on the wagon. Still cheap tyres!

What do you guys think? I reckon, due to the narrow width of the wheel, even 185s look balloon as. Spose it comes with the territory of having narrow wheels.

Test fitted wheels and tyres. Looks pretty sweet, think I’ll just go with these. Fact of the matter is, they’re a narrow rim. Not much can be done. Don’t want to spend anymore than what I’m spending anyway. Will look the biz once boned, according to photoshops

wheelonrear2lq2.jpg

wheelonrear5af8.jpg

wheelonrear6ej0.jpg

wheelonreartj2.jpg

Spent all last night re polishing wheels, just to give them a slight more sheen

Is currently at tyre shop getting toyos put on, balanced etc

RX7 oil cooler showed up this morning, fuck it's big 8)

Plan for the weekend is to get it mounted up and get the old girl a bit closer to terra firma. Gonna talk to a mate about shortening some shocks for the front. Unfortunately I also have my BIG BOYS weekend, which invloves paintball, 2 kegs, 20 guys, and one stripper, so depends how intense it gets as to what actually gets done

Photos Monday regardless 8)

Wheels and tyres fitted. Damn it’s high. Don’t laugh. All I can say is that it will be lower this time tomorrow if things go to plan, along with extractors and a nice big oil cooler out the front.

today3ju4.jpg

today2th6.jpg

todayjf2.jpg

Have been thinking about somehow grafting earlier model headlights and grille, like John-os, on there. Probably be too hard to find parts, but if anyone has some or knows where some are, holla at me.

Have basically finished spending money on it now. God knows what the fuck I’m gonna do in my weekends now!

Well got a couple bits done. Did the front springs, but still no where near low enough, getting some shocks shortened soon, and will go lower. Due to time constraints, didn't get backs out or oil cooler on, but it already looks a lot better

p1060412qg4.jpg

Went for lonely hearts club photo shoot. Look how lonely that shit is, clearly just been caning, touge stz. Tried to find most Japanese mountain pass place I could

p1060450uv5.jpg

p1060451gq2.jpg

p1060452zs9.jpg

p1060454af2.jpg

p1060456rp4.jpg

Took more but imageshack is gay

img00008li5.jpg

img00009lq8.jpg

Yes front needs to be lower. Fucked around all yesterday so get fucked.

Check how full of shit it is. Fuck it needs a wash/bullet.

Started sanding her down last night with 2000 in places I won’t be repainting.

Also dummy mounted oil cooler, need to get mounts welded onto it. Anyone do aluminum welding and wanna score a box of beers?

lowbackzz1.jpg

Captures lowness well here. Unfortunately will be coming up a tad as it's on bumps and fairly horrid to drive.

Also, latest mod=dumping all the rubbish out of it. Stoked.

Hopefully Mike E has a mate who can weld my brackets onto my oil cooler tonight

• 2 months later...

Fuck it's been ages since I updated this piece. Was like 3 pages in

Anyway, dunno if you faggots care, but got these today

840a0234pz2.jpg

840a0235aw4.jpg

Manifold shouldn't be too bad if I decide to use them. Undecided at this stage on both them and what engine

840a0243xu9.jpg

Question time now

What does this top linkage do? Opens holes in next pic, presumabley something vacuum orientated? Probably easy as like choke

840a0238hh7.jpg

840a0237jn4.jpg

That's it for now. Don't have any tools etc atm so can't rip into em. Still no idea what they're off or branding, no labels or castings etc

So fucking poor so that'll be it for another week.

• 1 month later...

Fuck knows what I'm doing here, but shows the shit house deal I have. I was gonna chop up a standard inlet manifold and just use the thermo stat housing, but due to placement of bolts for attaching manifold, Don't think I can. Gonna be too complicated to include some sort of water system in carb manifold.

Might just design a bracket of some nature, as I think having a seperate thermostat housing is still the most valid way of doing it. I may even tap another hole or two into the head.

840a0321hq7.th.jpg

840a0320lv4.th.jpg

Also, close shot of ports. Definately some cleaning to be done here, just need to find my dremel :lol:

Won't go overboard, just a clean up, pretty good design as per anything jap anyway.

840a0322to6.th.jpg

Gonna spend this week tearing down my carbs and making sure they're all g. Their choke sizes are almost exactly the same as inlet ports, so that makes things easier. From there, I'll just collect bits such as another head, electric fuel pump, fuel reg etc etc