New Member...........Fiat Strada 130tc.....

Abarth

With Steve, 45s all the way. That way you can call on the knowledge of guys who have been there before. Also sound great with the induction i must say. A dam sight cheaper than FI also.

The new silver car is quick i must say. Picton to Chch in under 3hrs is pretty good going in it.

When are you hoping to have engine done? Am up for rotovegas targa with Stacey. Could have the silver 130tc then if i don't fly.

With Steve, 45s all the way. That way you can call on the knowledge of guys who have been there before. Also sound great with the induction i must say. A dam sight cheaper than FI also.

The new silver car is quick i must say. Picton to Chch in under 3hrs is pretty good going in it.

When are you hoping to have engine done? Am up for rotovegas targa with Stacey. Could have the silver 130tc then if i don't fly.

45s aren't cheap. looking at around a grand for a decent pair, plus any tuning parts and a manifold to suit.

link = 1300, then just wire it up, plus less labour intensive to tune.

The abarths come with twin forties so can use same manifold, just need to make adapter. Easier enough, your right about 45s being about a grand, but what does throttle bodies cost? About the same? Plus i feel the carbs are in keeping with the car.

Prices have got a bit out of control really. $1000 would almost get a new set. They use to go for around $400 back when I had a car with carbs.

A lot of people buy them and spend a load of cash on them and expect ot get their money back now.

yeah it's pretty stink really. new 45s for ~1500 with basic jetting and chokes to suit... you're better going injection nowadays which is sad as carbs are usually used for the period look. I guess that's all they're used for nowadays.. in theory it should drive the prices down. hmm

Yeah I know what you guys are sayin the 45's suit the nature of the car, as it came with sidedraughts and they are not user friendly especially in the morning, but they are mean as at full noise.

Sidedraughts are by far the easy option.

Haha then there is the age old debate of Delorttos or Webers?!

Quad Throttles from the Blacktop 20V are 45mm also, but after look at the throttles there injectors sits right out the way of the air flow when compared to carbs. So Maybe they have better flow? Probably minimal.

The appeal is that its slightly different which is sweet (all the benfits of EFI). Plus if I do chuck some on with the original air box they look very simlar to the carbs.

Sidenote: Solex 40mm sidedraft rebuild kits are almost non existant, but this guy has them on trademe if any one carb problems with there 20yr old Solexs.

Head is finnished, just waiting on bearings to arrive in the country.

Carbies arent to bad there is a few sets on trademe $800 - $1000. Even saw some delorttos with a $650 buy now, tempting but I want some thing thats been rebuilt.

For the efi im wondering if I can get away with the old link, after vistiting there website and reading the specs like boost control, shift light, etc. I dont need that shite. But then running old software? I dont know I will send them an email to get some quotes going.

Stacey told me about the targa, when is it? I will take the Strada down. WOF expires on the 15th though, I hate getting WOfs! Always an arguement, "na thats standard!" or "its always been that low".

This guy almost failed me because I only have the front seats in when it was registerd as a 5 seater on the friday afternoon before I was racing at night speed!

targa is in october usually. good luck entering if that's what you mean... $15k+ entry fee :cry:

That would be the main event, there is a shake down event in june in rotoveags. Very good practice for the main targa for both drivers and teams.

Your be fine Chris as weekend 9th june. Still wof, i am pretty sure my silver abarth is the same. wof out the week after and like you always fun times. esp handbrake!