EarthwurmJurm's lada

rot808

Apparently those nivas go off road like no ones business. Piss all over surfs and jeeps n shiz. wicked!

My blue lada was one of the meanest head turners on the road, and woman loved it. was so mean for crusing and got me laid a few times :D which is sweet.

The white one when the engine conversion is finished is gonna be mean, I reckon the 1800 twin cam will go hard too, will be funny dragging off hondas.. in a LADA. woo hoo!

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

, will be funny dragging off hondas.. in a LADA. woo hoo!

thats what im thinkin with mine aye..

mean sleeper :twisted: lul all the boy racers into a false sense of security then boost past them in a cloud of tire smoke :lol::twisted::lol::twisted: <--evil laugh lol

Big changes coming to mine after i get from aussie in july.

Having a few issues with starter motor clearance at the moment.. there is a little lump on the block which is stopping the starter motor fitting up properly.. There is an oil gallery behind it and I think it is just a casting mark so I'm going to take to it with an angle grinder and hope like hell it isn't drilled through. fingers crossed!

DSCF0409v.jpg

There is a thin metal plate that the starter motor mounts up to. This is attached to the Lada engine behind the flywheel. Remove it, and with the flywheel off the Fiat motor, mount this bracket. You will see that a cover plate and it's mount bolts on the back of the Fiat motor stop this bracket from sitting flat. Using whatever primitive tools you have to hand, cut it until it sits flat at the mounting points. Go get a plaster for that nasty cut.

Site's probably got some other useful tips too, and might be worth getting the guy's email address.

haha yeah my bad, I should update more regulary.

I did make an update this morning if you want to have a look V8 Pete. I was planning to compile all the pictures and do a big update once the car has a reg and wof.

That site has been a great help, and ladaspeed (dylan) has been pretty happy to help via email throughtout the conversion.

That casting mark I was referring to though seemed to be unique to me, I ended up taking an angle grinder to it and hoping like hell I wouldn't end up having to get the block braized up.

It worked out alright though :D