what to do with head

Lemans

Turbo cars the headwork isnt as neccesary as na. A port tidy up and a FR cam should make a differance though. Anymore and its really to stretch the last bits of power out. I.e Huge turbo and all the other mods I recommend first.

if you're going to spend money on the engine a good place to start is removing the balance shafts. they smooth out the engine's running but are parasitic so do take power away, couldn't guess how much though. i've got a mate who runs a kelford cam in his EX1800 gsr turbo lancer and he reckons it made a big difference. you'd have to give them a call to find out a bit more about it, its not listed on their website.

if you are serious about making power then you'll need a minimum of aftermarked computer and multipoint injection. there's heaps of info on this conversion on http://www.austarion.com but the basics are later model fwd galant inlet manifold with throttle body swapped to the other end. this would probably be a much more cost effective way of making power, its just that its a big initial outlay.

cheers

Matt