4g63 D.A.S.H

Dicey

Hey Eliot yeah the extra valves are controlled by the oil solenoid. It's basically like a primitive MIVEC/VTEC.

I would say you can use an aftermarket computer to control the extra valves just like MIVEC/VTEC.

And Dicey, you could use the non turbo block as long as you use the DASH internals (such as a crank, cradle, pistons, rods, oil pump cover, sump etc). I'm not entirely sure if the turbo block has oil squirters in the block itself.

Hey Eliot yeah the extra valves are controlled by the oil solenoid. It's basically like a primitive MIVEC/VTEC.

I would say you can use an aftermarket computer to control the extra valves just like MIVEC/VTEC.

And Dicey, you could use the non turbo block as long as you use the DASH internals (such as a crank, cradle, pistons, rods, oil pump cover, sump etc). I'm not entirely sure if the turbo block has oil squirters in the block itself.

Well I just shelled out a fair bit of cash on one, so I hope it has VTEC control!

• 2 weeks later...

The actual DASH core block (and other SOHC turbo 4G63s) is the same as the VR-4, but there are lots of differences like the crankshaft, the oil pump assembly and cover, water pump etc. The rods and pistons of the DASH are the same as a VR-4, but the crankshaft is different, along with the front oil cover on the engine and crank pulley itself.

Found that I can just leave the oil control valve disconnected and have the extra valves working non stop. They DON'T work when 12V is applied to them...

Microtecs have atleast one aux out that you could use for this. Would be super simple to hook up and program, just make it put out 12v from idle to 4 grand or so then drop off after that. Will probably add abit of torque and help wind up a little easier. Might aswell aye..?

the valves open at 2500rpm so I doubt it will sound like a roaring vtec or anything. It's basically the same principle as the cyclone butterflies on the intake runners on a VR-4 engine. At low rpm the intake is restricted (set of valves shut on the DASH, half the runners blocked off on a VR-4) to promote turbulance and better atomisation of fuel at low rpm, and at higher rpm there is less restriction so there is more flow.

Either system is results in more torque in the lower rev range.