1uzfe ecu issues

eke_zetec_RWD

i transplanted and wired up a 1997 1uz (lexus v8) with a standard ecu into a cruiser, starts and runs fine, except when driving it feels like it stops making more power at around 4g, as if the ecu thinks its in nuteral or sumfing. i have played around with the wires that use to come from the shifter but doesnt change anything. any one had any experences stock 1uz ecu and a re wired transplant?? with a link in a lambo the pull hard all the way to limiter and so yea, i have never driven one in a standard sc400 or ls400 so i dont know how they suspose to go on standard ecu. altho i have heard that they are around 20 to 30 hp down on a link.......

any tips

hey, I've heard of some weird things happening when 1uz's are transplanted using components that were not originally with that engine, i.e. (especially) transmission, fuel pump, O2 sensors etc personally I couldnt be bothered pissin round with it, have you signed up with the lextreme forums, they are all pretty helpful and definately knowledgable fellas. http://www.lextreme.com im sure someone there will help ya.

ha well it turned out the computer or wireing wasnt the problem, lack of fuel pressure as a steel line in the tank was cracked and there fore fark all pressure at engine. goes real good now, hums along!!

took about 2 months on and off, its in a fj62 landcruiser - what a nightmear! had to extend bell housing input shaft etc 100mm so heads wudnt hit fire wall. other wise wasnt to bad i spose. took around 150hrs.