Rejetting carbs (2l pinto kent FR32 camshaft)

Gaz

Ok I prob need to rejet my carb now.

Its a 32/36 running on a 2.1l pinto with a 1600 head. About 10.8:1 compression and port work. The cam I am running is an FR32.

Anyone done similar and had their's tuned etc with bigger jets? What size.

Im just wanting something to chuck in it for now to save running lean. When I have the coin I will strap my 45 on and get a propper tune.

Cheers

Yeah I think it will be a tad small. What size are the biggest jets? Im having trouble finding info on it. Probably cause people always go to twins.

I have a 38/38dgas I might try bolting on next weekend. rejet that instead.

Also a single 45 which I am eventually going to get the engine tuned with and run for good.

don't people usually jet those 38/38 carbs back hard? they'r eoff a 3l v6 capri, correct?

I'm having a cunt of a time with the mikuni on the crown atm, and if a 38/38 bolts straight on to the 32/36 manifold then I could be in the market for one. or a 32/36. see how it goes....

they very rare?

also, perhaps a helper - 'coz you're running lean etc, retarding timing a tad to ward off detonation in the interim could be the go...

The 32/36 is an awso carb. Cheap as chips and readily availiable.

The 38/38dgas on the other hand is pretty rare in NZ. I got mine for free cause I rule etc. Dont know what they are worth tho. Id go with the 32/36 as they are cheap.

can't remember what size the jets were.. 32/36 is 'just' good for 130hp.

If mine was leaning out with my setup on standard compression your's certainly will be.

'shit extractors' ?? don't you have mean chrome badboys?

meh.. solution = adapter + 4 barrel Holley.

can't remember what size the jets were.. 32/36 is 'just' good for 130hp.

If mine was leaning out with my setup on standard compression your's certainly will be.

'shit extractors' ?? don't you have mean chrome badboys?

meh.. solution = adapter + 4 barrel Holley.

Yeah but they arnt on at the mo. They hit the 5speed so I am waiting till i put the engine in the cortina to sort out.

Will bolt this 38/38 on perhaps.